To those who use a helmet camera in London

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mr_cellophane

Legendary Member
Do you use a helmet cam? BBC Breakfast would like to know why. They are filming 6.15am and 7.15am tomorrow by the double decker bike racks at London Waterloo train station. They want to know why some cyclists find it necessary to video their journeys. CTC will be there.
I wonder what time that will be on.

downfader

extimus uero philosophus
Do you use a helmet cam? BBC Breakfast would like to know why. They are filming 6.15am and 7.15am tomorrow by the double decker bike racks at London Waterloo train station. They want to know why some cyclists find it necessary to video their journeys. CTC will be there.
I wonder what time that will be on.

Quick, someone PM Gaz, he's our poster boy! :biggrin:

I do hope they dont get all stroppy with accusing us of all RLJing and pavement riding etc.. if they do I'll go to offcom.:angry: Should be pretty obvious why people use cameras - just look on youtube ffs.

gaz

Cycle Camera TV
what the &%^@!!! 6.15am to 7.15am? If i leave at 7.15am i'll be an hour early for work.

<div><br></div><div>Can anyone confirm that the timings are correct?</div>

sheddy

Legendary Member
Chris Peck from the CTC appeared on an ITV London News item on potholes today (Monday 31st)

Origamist

Legendary Member
Pretty good report. Film from Ben (+ interview), Andy and Mags and a few remarks from Geffen from the CTC.

No Gaz or Bollo.

CCers - do you remember the B+W, tram-lined footage of Bollo (shot on a Moy and Bastie cine-camera) colliding with a horse and cart outside a workhouse circa 1910?

martint235

Dog on a bike
It was a very good piece. Watched it at about 6.30. The CTC guy made some good points and came across well. The was a clip of magnatom's oil lorry video, a video of a cyclist getting knocked off on a roundabout and a clip of a cyclist being punched by a van driver.

That's Benborp of this very parish.

I thought Roger Geffen was a bit lame myself, it was kind of "Oh why can't we all just get along and play nicely?". I admit there are some nutters out there on bikes but they're not carrying two tons of metal with them unlike the nutter motorists.

summerdays

Cycling in the sun
He's just said on TV ... that he has "some incredible footage coming up in 20 minutes" ... hopefully just before I leave.

Top Bottom