England : London To Ware and back (possibly more?)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

RoubaixCube

~Tribanese~
Just a little casual jaunt down to the ware from the hackney marshes as the weather is good. its about 36 miles there & back in total. Will mainly be following the river and taking time to admire some of the scenery along the way. Lots of parks and wide open spaces which to picnic in if thats your preference.

Not a serious ride by any means but if there are any fellow north londoners who might want to tag along or anyone who are more knowledgeable regarding places of interest along the route then we can make a proper day of it.

Depending on how much interest there is we can take the ride further and head to luton before either catching the train back or cycling back via the same route or a different one.

no set date on this ride yet as im just throwing it out there. could be a saturday or a sunday ride.

Let me know

Bike wise -- ride what you want. you're welcome to try on a recumbent if you fancy a challenge on some of Britain's narrow waterways.

-----

For the mods -- I wasnt sure if i was able to advertise 'personal' rides here but I wanted to go out for a spin and wondered if there would be anyone out there who would like to accompany me. delete or move thread as appropriate

Last edited:
OP
OP
RoubaixCube

RoubaixCube

~Tribanese~
Looks to be a sunday ride as it will be raining friday and saturday.

Oh if its Sunday this week 'fraid I can't make it will be recovering from the Whitstable FNRttC if you run it again put it on here with a bit of notice and dates well ahead and I'll try and make the re-run.

OP
OP
RoubaixCube

RoubaixCube

~Tribanese~
Oh if its Sunday this week 'fraid I can't make it will be recovering from the Whitstable FNRttC if you run it again put it on here with a bit of notice and dates well ahead and I'll try and make the re-run.

No worries, there wasnt any feedback anyway so I'll probably head out myself. ride all the way to stevenage then come back and plan a proper ride - find some places of interest and cafe's and what not. Im sure theres plenty to see along the way

::EDIT::

Just checking the map again -- Milton Keynes seems quite doable also, 86miles

Last edited:
Sounds a good plan sort some stops for refreshments etc or keep an eye out on your trip to Stevenage for places to stop then punt it out there again with a date and ya may have a bit more luck.

Have a good one Sunday :bicycle:

Top Bottom