To wear or not to wear.......that is the Question

Make your choice.......

• Full Waterproofs

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • Jacket & Overshoes

• Overshoes

• Don't be a wee big jessie (or whatever you Scots say)

• Total voters
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Plax

Guru
Ok, so it is chucking it down big style outside. I usually wear all my waterproofs - skull cap, waterproof jacket, waterproof trousers and overshoes. However I find I get too hot in the jacket at this time of year, and the water pools round the crotch area on the saddle and seeps in through the trouser seams anyway.
I was just wearing shorts & top this morning, should I just go home like this or stick the waterproofs on?

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
It's pretty warm - just a top, and overshoes if they keep the shoes clean and dry....

Right, you are about 80 miles further west from me - must be coming in from there - I'm off sharpish soon then...still dry here...when did the rain start !!

summerdays

Cycling in the sun
Plax said:
I was just wearing shorts & top this morning, should I just go home like this or stick the waterproofs on?

Being a girl ... I say consider what your top may look like when wet:biggrin:.

(The boys may think the opposite to me - depending on what your top is like)

Bug

I've never bothered with waterproofs, summer or winter. A good wicking Jersey and shorts/longs is all you need. In winter I find that rain doesn't make me especially cold anyway. The only time that I've ever been truly cold was being sleeted upon in sub-zero temperatures...

OP
OP
Plax

Plax

Guru
Well, it started around 3ish here, on and off. Started to get really heavy around 4pm. Now it seems to be just drizzling.
I think I'll see what it's like when I get out. I've left the waterproofs in the pannier on the bike so I might dig the overshoes and skull cap out. Ride home is only 4 miles, but it is up hill so I'm sure I won't get cold, but it takes longer than coming to work!
Right, wish me luck I'm off home now!

domtyler

Über Member
mickle said:
Waterproof jacket, shorts. Had a lovely ride in the rain today and my shorts dried out in 10 mins.

I heard you normally wore your pink hot pants to match your pink bike?

OP
OP
Plax

Plax

Guru
Well, cycled home in shorts, t-shirt & overshoes. Don't know why I put the overshoes on like, but at least it kept the spray of my shoes!
It had stopped raining long enough for me to just about get to the top of my road, then it started to rain again. So got a little bit wet, but not that much as it wasn't heavy rain. It has gone lovely again now. I'm very tempted to go for a run. I have just scoffed a 100g toblerone and chocolate mouse all myself. Feel guilty now!

Tynan

Veteran
if I thought I'd get cold I'd wear a top, either lightweight or waterproof depending on temperature

overshoes if it's proper rain, don't like wet feet, proper cycle kit doesn't really get wet

Maz

Guru
Started to chuck it down just before I left work. Put my contact lenses on instead of specs. So much better.

jely

if it's raining just a jacket... my shorts dry off quickly enough and i take my work clothes in my pannier so completely change when i get to work anyway ... and if it's raining when i'm riding home, then it doesn't matter if i get wet cause again, i just change.

but it's lovely weather at the moment and is going to stay like that for a while... either that or when it does rain, it'll rain when i'm in the office and then stop when i'm on riding ... (if i keep saying that to myself over and over again, it'll happen that way):thumbsup:

snapper_37

Barbara Woodhouse's Love Child
magnatom said:
How about one of those white t-shirts that become see through when wet.........;)

Yes - how about it Mag - let's see you in one of your vids, absolutely drenched and wearing nothing more than a white, nylon, all seeing and all knowing leotard.

I think it would suit :biggrin:

Top Bottom