TOB stage 8

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

dellzeqq

pre-talced and mighty
TOBsusie.jpg

not a vast turnout, and the layout of the final stage was generous, so that, even though we arrived at five to two, we secured a place toward the northern end of Westminster Bridge without any difficulty. And then we went down to the finish line for the third lap and stayed there, meeting up with young Mr. Radius.

A good day out. The commentary was a bit over the top, and sometimes just plain wrong, but it counted for nothing - the bunch sprint was one by a rider nobody saw coming, without the aid of a big team effort.

Very good to see the Permatanned Playboy himself, Mr. Malcolm Elliot (age 49 or thereabouts) making a show at the front on the last lap. I felt my own tan darken as he passed.

Blackandblue

Likewise. I went there with my four year old son. On the one hand pleased that we could get a good spot up close at the turn at he north side of Westminster bridge but on the other hand disappointed that there weren't more people there. An a lot of spectators were tourists who had no idea what was going on!!

BTW - saw you, dellzeqq, on fri evening on my way home on the north side of Blackfriars Bridge. The yellow jersey and knee band gave you away. Next time I will stop and say hello.

theboytaylor

Shame it wasn't well attended. I was gutted that I wasn't in London this weekend and had considered changing my holiday plans to suit.

Don't really recall seeing that much publicity this week for it, though. Obviously, being into cycling I was well aware of it but I don't recall seeing anything on the local news or anything (although I was probably in the shed tinkering with the bike or something else and missed it!). Shame.

Radius

SHREDDER
dellzeqq said:
meeting up with young Mr. Radius.

Good to see you to sir. Too right about the commentary, if you believed everything they said, some of those riders had more identities than a Russian secret agent.

gaz

Cycle Camera TV
on the radio yesterday morning, they said the roads where closed in london preparing for the skyride tomorrow. lol i felt like calling in and letting them know that the skyride is taking advantage of the TOB final stage.

It is a shame the turn out wasn't as good as when the TdF came in 2007. the whole route was packed with people then!

maddog.mark

It was a good if long day for me, caught the 8:30 from Sheringham to London, via Norwich and the 5:30 back, got home just after 9pm. It was worth it though. Liking the picture and your's BigSteev, they put mine to shame!

<Shameless plug mode ON> Mine are in the Photo Gallery section if you'd like to see them <Shameless plug mode OFF>

Mark

OP
OP
dellzeqq

dellzeqq

pre-talced and mighty
great snaps bigsteev!

theboytaylor - good point. I don't remember seeing any advertising for it at all.

ttcycle

Cycling Excusiast
lol- nice photos everyone it was a good to watch the pros race.

I can end the intrigue- the red trainer belongs to me!!

Was lovely to meet you Oxbob-I must now go and rescue the crankarm of the bike and reattach it as god knows how long the order for the Sora will take to arrive.

Top Bottom