ToC Stage 7

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Keith Oates

Janner
The final day and some hills, if what I've read is correct. I think it's unlikely that Levi will be relieved of the Yellow jersey but I will be happy of David Millar can hold onto second place. The weather is again foul with riders well wrapped up against the cold and wet, not nice!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

mondobongo

Über Member
Just over 40km to go the breakaway of 10 is 1.50 away from the peloton but contains no danger to GC dont see it as plain sailing as they will likely be wound in on that long finish of 6 x 5 mile circuits. Millar is gonna need a lucky break when the group gets caught to get away and stay away.

mondobongo

Über Member
Yeah called that well didn't I? 22 kms to go and the gap is 1.30 dont think a career as a DS beckons soon.

mondobongo

Über Member
Just gone under the 1km banner racing like maniacs in the wet apparently.

Hincapie takes the win for High Road.

1 George Hincapie (USA) High Road
2 Rory Sutherland (Aus) Health Net presented by Maxxis
3 Jason Mccartney (USA) Team CSC
4 Michael Creed (USA) Rock Racing
5 Tom Zirbel (USA) Bissell
Provisional General classification after stage 7

1. Levi Leipheimer (Astana)

Flying_Monkey

Recyclist
Hmm. Well Slipstream were nowhere on the last day after all that. Of the Brits, a good second for Millar overall, and Cavendish showed some of the form we'll be expecting from him for later in the season even if he didn't get a win. Anyone know what happened to Wiggins - I know he dropped out of Stage 6, but any idea why?

softpeadals

Flying_Monkey said:
Hmm. Well Slipstream were nowhere on the last day after all that. Of the Brits, a good second for Millar overall, and Cavendish showed some of the form we'll be expecting from him for later in the season even if he didn't get a win. Anyone know what happened to Wiggins - I know he dropped out of Stage 6, but any idea why?

He was probably one of thirteen to abandon the stage due to sickness caused by a virus in the peloton,according to a race report in the Daily Peloton,but strangely cyclingnews only list 2DNF's in the stage results.

OP
OP
Keith Oates

Keith Oates

Janner
Wiggins finished stage 6 but did not start stage 7 along with quite a few others:

DNS Luciano André Pagliarini Mendonca (Bra) Saunier Duval-Scott
DNS Bradley Wiggins (GBr) High Road
DNS Paul Martens (Ger) Rabobank
DNS Markus Zberg (Swi) Gerolsteiner
DNS Dan Bowman (USA) Kelly Benefit Strategies / Medifast
DNS Alexander Candelario (USA) Kelly Benefit Strategies / Medifast
DNS Nicholas Waite (USA) Kelly Benefit Strategies / Medifast
DNS Timothy Johnson (USA) Health Net presented by Maxxis
DNS John Murphy (USA) Health Net presented by Maxxis
DNS Hendricus Vogels (Aus) Toyota - United Pro Cycling Team
DNS Heath Blackgrove (NZl) Toyota - United Pro Cycling Team
DNS Edward King (USA) Bissell Pro Cycling
DNS Nicholas Sanderson (Aus) Jelly Belly Cycling Team
DNS Aaron Barry Tuckerman (NZl) Jelly Belly Cycling Team

That must have been one severe tummy bug doing the rounds!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OP
OP
Keith Oates

Keith Oates

Janner
Missed the end of the race do to work but it was good to see Hincapie get one and Cavendish in the hunt as well. With David Millar second along with Christian Vandevelde third, Slipstream haven't done so bad either!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

Top Bottom