Today I ar mostly not be liking...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Fran143

Über Member
Thank god I'm still in ma jammies....nae dislikes fae me this early in the morning! However I am about to get ready and head out for what may be a wet cycle...might check back later.:whistle:

400bhp

Guru
[QUOTE 1696915, member: 45"]...those drivers who, when having the choice of letting back a teenie weenie bit or even not at all for you to pull into "their" lane, choose instead to accelerate into the gap, one hand on the full beam and one on the horn. And this is when I'm in a car.

Really, what is the problem? You honestly can't give up a couple of blinks of your road time to make life easier for someone else? You'll be stopping at those lights up ahead any minute anyway, which will negate any microscopic amount of time you may have gained with your selfishness.[/quote]

I would usually pull in anyway-but i'm a stubborn bugger. :whistle:

Back in the day when they had tolls on the Forth road bridge my manager, who lived in the Kingdom, deliberately drove a beat up car. After all, what was another ding to him as opposed to the first on a nice shiny new car.

You simply don't get this kind of behaviour in Los Angeles. For the most part everyone is tolerant, patient and non confrontational. Probably because there is a chance that the next person you cut up will step out of their car and poke a gun in your eye.

Yes, I'm for guns. But only for 'us' of course, not for 'them'.

subaqua

What’s the point
I am not liking first bus drivers who seem to have forgotten what mirrors , indicators , white lines and lanes mean. if you straddle both sides of the line with no indication of where you are going and then drive into the ASL when the lights are on red and i am ebntering the lane you will get a finger wag from me. then trying to drive through me at the next set of lights because they were on amber when you were 10 ft from the line will certainly not appease me. am most upset that camera decided that it wasn't recording despite the light telling me otherwise , or your fat bulldog with lipstick face would be winging its way to your depot manager

Kill them. Kill them all.

400bhp

Guru
Depends how much you like your car. Defenders are quite useful - must get one someday !

interesting one that. i liked my cars, a lot. I have been known in the past to spend a full summers day (10-12 hours) cleaning them (claybar...). However, I think often on the road you call someone's bluff. There were very few occasions when another car wouldn't cede.

I no longer own a car-leave that to the wife. Life is certainly less stressful.

gaz

Cycle Camera TV
Had similar last night on a roundabout. I wanted to change lanes so I could take an exit, full indication and look but the driver who just joined in his big range rover decided to blast his horn and continue to undercut me instead of letting me though. aaaah well, at least the horn warned me of his idiotic behaviour.

GrasB

Veteran
Depends how much you like your car. Defenders are quite useful - must get one someday !
A big black Alfa that's been dropped about 40mm works quite well. People might complain about a perfectly reasonable signal of intended manoeuvre but the Alfa has some serious road presence. Sure there may be a bit of horn & flasher abuse but almost no one actually does anything about it besides that.

BigonaBianchi

Yes I can, Yes I am, Yes I did...Repeat.
Drivers (at thats 99% of them) who think that double white lines in the centre of th eroad do not apply when overtaking a bicycle...even on blind hilss and bends. These are the peasants who then stick up two fingers at the car coming head on towards them flashing its lights as they cut in at the las tmoment and miss me by millimetres...then object to me screamimg C&%T at them.

GrasB

Veteran
[QUOTE 1697797, member: 45"]I don't think driving one of these helps me, I think it produces a "how dare he!!!" attitude....

Daihatsu-charade.jpg
[/quote]
Now try that with a car that's lowered, caged plus is vinyled & sponsors decals placed over the car

Top Bottom