Today... I became a racist.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

buggi

Bird Saviour
Sometimes I do wonder why I cycle.
First some bint overtakes me and then realises there is a central bollard, so she swerves back in to avoid it, nearly hitting me. Stupid bitch. My only consolation was knowing that she was more shoot up about than I was. :headshake:
And then some bloke toots his horn at me from behind (I know why) but then he changes lanes and gets stuck 4 feet away in the traffic queue for the lights (perfect). So I hammered on his window and said "what is your problem mate" and he shouts "you were in the middle of the road!" (told you I knew why... soooo predictable). So I then enter into a tirade of abuse pointing out to him in no uncertain terms that at a junction when I'm going straight on I'm entitled to be in the middle of the lane and he should read the f*ckin' highway code and I'm not one of his little women that's gonna move out of the way for him and besides, where did he f*ckin learn to drive?? India?? You may have guessed that he was Indian, and I'm not proud of my racist abuse, in fact, now I've calmed down, I think maybe I should have just reminded him of the rules of the road calmly because I've done absolutely nothing for the cause of cyclists. But there are times when you just have to think of and hurl the worst abuse possible because some drivers are just fukwits.
:boxing: :cursing:

dondare

Über Member
Not just a racist but a silly commuting racist.

Davidc

Guru
Just proves you're human and fallible - its a pity you chose the Duke of Edinburgh line because otherwise he'd probably earned his abuse!

OP
OP
buggi

buggi

Bird Saviour
Hmmm.... i'm thinking now i definitely didn't handle it the right way. Really must control my temper. but the last two commutes have resulted in a bollard incident (the other vehicle being a bus!) and i really wasn't in the best of moods by the time this chappie blasted his horn at me.

getting a little pist off with it all. To be fair though... maybe he did learn to drive in India???

GrasB

Veteran
Racism? not really.. Maybe a fleeting glimpse of xenophobia mixed in with the stereo typical idea of mayhem in on the roads with horn beeping all the time etc.

betty swollocks

large member
Hmmm.... i'm thinking now i definitely didn't handle it the right way. Really must control my temper. but the last two commutes have resulted in a bollard incident (the other vehicle being a bus!) and i really wasn't in the best of moods by the time this chappie blasted his horn at me.

getting a little pist off with it all. To be fair though... maybe he did learn to drive in India???

View this and you'll see you were paying him an unintentional compliment:thumbsup:

[media]

]View: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RjrEQaG5jPM[/media]

taxing

The ped (bottom right) at 0:35 has nerves of steel.

slowmotion

Quite dreadful
buggi, we all sometimes say things that we regret when the red mist decends after an unfortunate incident on the road. Don't beat yourself up too badly.
If you really want to be chastised, post the incident in P&L... :evil:

OP
OP
buggi

buggi

Bird Saviour
buggi, we all sometimes say things that we regret when the red mist decends after an unfortunate incident on the road. Don't beat yourself up too badly.
If you really want to be chastised, post the incident in P&L... :evil:

LMAO Noooo i'm scared to go in there! they all argue! :huh:

Rohloff_Brompton_Rider

Formerly just_fixed
i'm afraid what you said was racist, would you have said this to a white person? probably not therefore your insult was a racist remark, i.e., you judged him on the colour of his skin and judged yourself the better person in that situation. there is no excuse, no matter how people trying to make you feel better.

hopefully you will balance out your karma and help some one of the same coloured skin as the poor bloke you insulted.

tbh i think you need to goto the doctors and tell him / her about your anger issues. they can help, i mean, you can't be happy being angry all the time can you?

Top Bottom