Today I saw

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
It smells of spring, so it must be on its way!

snakehips

I opened the window and some flies came in , marvelous !
We're nearly there. AllI need now is to get rid of the cough I've had for the last four months.

snakehips.jpg

Snakehips Bikes

Headgardener said:
My first Bumblebee of this year. Good indication that spring is not far away:biggrin:.

I work with a beekeeper and he said the other day that he had lost all his bees in the winter in the 5 hives he maintains.

He wasn't sure if it was disease or the cold which got to them.

colly

Re member eR
Today I saw a...........RAT...............in my garden.:smile:

It was big, it was ugly, it was defiant and it scared the dog.:sad:

radger

Veteran
rich p said:
Ah, happy days - the first rat of spring:wacko:

That made me spit tea in my keyboard. :smile:

Last night I saw my first ever owl. It was a barn owl, and it was sitting in the middle of the lane near my house. I put my brakes on to avoid it, but it was a bit slow on the uptake, and flew into the front wing of my car :smile: It was only a glancing blow, and I hope it was alright. I stopped to try and find it but couldn't see it anywhere.

The other day we were discussing the mechanics of having a bee as a pet. I like bees, they're furry and very strokable. We were wondering if you could tie it to a string of cotton and take it for a walk...'let it off the leash' and so on....

Wigsie

Nincompoop
Plagiarist! :smile: Bored of the 'look how I nearly crashed' posts in the commuting forum I started a similar thread yesterday! ha ha

I shot 2 rats in my garden last week! Definately is spring on the way (I am not really unhygienic, my back garden backs onto allotments, honest)
and saw a whopper of a bumble bee.

Top Bottom