Today was a good day

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Wigsie

Nincompoop
Youngest slept through the night in his bed.

Had a bit of a joly into an easy meeting in London today.

Got home to find my new Focus MTB had arrived from Wiggle (its awesome, better than most £500 Treks and Cannondales I have looked at and got it for £239).

The kids went to bed without moaning

and the Good lady wife, being preggers has a hankering for take-aways like the very biggest couch potatoes so just had a king Prawn Bhuna.

:angry::biggrin::biggrin:

How was your day?

Jane Smart

The Queen
Hi Wigsie, that does sound like a very good day indeed for you :biggrin:

Mine was excellent too. I did a spinning :bicycle:class this morning, followed by my housework and a trip to the supermarket ( I lead such an exciting life) Then this afternoon, I cooked the evening meal and finished off the ironing.

Does life get any better?

:angry:

Plax

Guru
Not as exciting as yours.

Dropped car off at garage to get the timing belt changed.

Cycled the 7.87 miles to work. That was a nice ride, even if my chain did fall off and jam going up a nice little incline. Oh, and my cleat came loose when I'd unclipped at some road works and is still stuck in my pedal.

Work was surprisingly trouble free, and went quite fast, probably because I came in an hour later then normal and left half an hour early.

Cycled the 7.87 miles back to the garage (with cleat still stuck in pedal) and got drenched as I was too lazy to pack any waterproofs and the weather forecaster lied to me yet again. Light rain my botty.

Drove home £185.52 lighter, totally starving only to forget that I had a meeting to go to at 18:30, so had to scoff a flapjack and head off to that.

Not long got home, and have had some tea and a nice cup of tea. I really should look at getting the cleat out of my pedal but can't be bothered. I'll just have to wear my other pair of shoes tomorrow and cycle to work on one of my other bikes (this is why you should always have n+1!).

Trumpettom001

1 and a half hours of Mechanics in my physics lesson, followed by 1 and a half hours of Mechanics in my Maths lesson, followed by a couple hours of Mechanics homework.....

If anyone wants to know anything about throwing balls off cliffs, I, am your man...

karen.488walker

Having had a big fall out with my parents, I rang them today. My Dad apologized. This is not just a good day, this is a miracle! + my kids slept well too. Always a sign that things are going to go well!

montage

God Almighty
wake up, college, college homework, going to bed soon. Exams in January so this routine looks pretty set in stone.

Had a GREAT day saturday though - went up to manchester to watch the British dominate at the world cup track cycling events :angry:

Globalti

Legendary Member
Back to work after taking 3 days off last week and a couple of knotty situations have resolved themselves while I had an interesting day dealing with some unusual technical problems that have arisen. Also got E tickets and passport with visas back for next fortnight's trip to Ghana, Ivory Coast and Nigeria.

Not a good day,nose blocked again and can't breathe properly.Felt crap all day also.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Survived the first day back after a week off...guess what, I'll be working late for two weeks to catch up.... great..... still survived the day, rode back in pitch black rain (left late)....the Hopes were doing their job....

PS Wiggsie, have you been out on the bike yet......

Daughter had an extra day off school (teacher training day) so spent a pleasant day with her. We had a ride out and bought bike stuff - mudguards for her new specialized Ariel

Ashtrayhead

Über Member
At 3am this morning I dismantled my old sofa in readiness for a new one to be delivered. Then I watched 'The Ring' which I found to be very creepy and scary, and eventually went to bed at 6am to be woken up at 10:45am by the delivery of my new sofa!

Then I took the old sofa to the tip on way to the gym that I have just joined. Had a good session in the gym, booked my first ever spinning class for Wednesday!

On the way home from the gym I popped into Bexleyheath and bought 'Family Guy Series 8', 'The Ring 2' (which I shall watch tonight....lights on!) 'Final Destination 3' and a couple of cds (Ian Gillan, Within Temptation).

Got home and found that the cat had claimed her place on the new sofa! She's only got off it for her food!

Now I'm off to make dinner.....tofu stir-fry tonight!

Apart from that, didn't do much!

bauldbairn

Wigsie said:
Got home to find my new Focus MTB had arrived from Wiggle (its awesome, better than most £500 Treks and Cannondales I have looked at and got it for £239)

Off - quiet day - studying - then out for a cycle in the drizzle(20miles).

Was on the Wiggle website earlier today looking at bikes in their sale - was it the "Highland Peak" by any chance, nice - what's it like? :biggrin:

Can't stop looking at the Kona Dew Drop - don't know if it's the price or the bike I like? :thumbsup:(it is the bike but you know what I mean)

OP
OP
Wigsie

Wigsie

Nincompoop
bauldbairn said:
Was on the Wiggle website earlier today looking at bikes in their sale - was it the "Highland Peak" by any chance, nice - what's it like? :ohmy:

Yes it was and its awesome, had a quick spin this morning and its great, still astonished by the quality of the bike over any others in that price bracket.

NormanD

Lunatic Asylum Escapee
Out shopping with the Mrs again yesterday as she wanted a new deep fat fryer, I explained, do your normal shopping first and buy the fryer last :biggrin:

But No as Mrs explained "They might sell out" (what 50 people are going to suddenly rush in and buy them all in an hour)

So spent the next couple of hours walking around with an awkward large box in my arms going from shop to shop, I can now touch my toes without even bending over!

Can't complain as I got a new camelbak classic 2l hydration pack for me troubles :ohmy:

Top Bottom