Today

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Dave5N

Über Member
I ordered a satnav.

I thought for a while if I should seek opinions here, but I was worried Bonj would endorse them , or that Arbiwotsit had regular frequent sex with his or something, so in the end I held my counsel and just ordered.

So....

Will I be disappointed with it, or will it be worth the enormous amount of money it cost?

Scoosh

Velocouchiste
Dave5N said:
I ordered a satnav.

Will I be disappointed with it, or will it be worth the enormous amount of money it cost?
Depends if it does what you want it to do, how much it cost, where you are going to use it etc etc etc etc blah, blah-de-blah

Does that help ? :biggrin:

marinyork

Resting in suspended Animation
Mine works quite well. They aren't infallible, but then again gut instinct and common sense will tell you when they are wrong. A lot of the time it is splicing issues.

Maz

Guru
I bought one a few weeks back (TomTom One). Really nice piece of kit and worth every penny. pays back for itself considering wrong turns you might otherwise make and better still it stops my wife nagging at me for 'going the wrong way'. Priceless for the latter alone.

Night Train

Maker of Things
I bought a Garmin 205W for myself last Christmas. It has been more useful then not though it does have a few out of date maps. It still insists that I detour off some motorway junctions and then rejoin thinking the road works are still there.

Not used it for the bike as I don't cycle anywhere I don't already know.

Keith Oates

Janner
Dave5N said:
Edge 705 with HR and cadence

I'm interested in one of those, will be good to hear your opinion when you've had time to get to know it, Dave!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

johnnyh

Veteran
have an Edge 605, for long rides it is great.

Good to be able to plot a route in routeyou or similar and then just transfer it over to the garmin - and far tidier and more waterproof than a route sheet/OS map.

haven't used the "training" side of it yet.

OP
OP
Dave5N

Dave5N

Über Member
Arrived today. How do you transfer routes from Bikely etc? DOesn't say in the pisspoor manual.

I didn't buy it to navigate mostly, I bought it to record rides (oh, and navigate when I am away with work and on unfamiliar roads)

Top Bottom