Todays muppet...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
This driver cuts me up. Not terrible, but I had to brake sharpish (listen to the change in wind noise). I shrug at him, i.e. what was that for? Nothing more. I was on best behviour! He starts gesturing, sharp braking (in the hope that I'll hit him?), blocks my filtering, and threatens to come and get me by starting to get out of the van. All because of a shrug.

[media]

]View: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GR5zFgrJaWw[/media]

I was very restrained here and was a good boy as I didn't stop to have a chat. Instead, I took pleasure in leaving him in a long queue of traffic! :biggrin:

(Apologies for the poor video. I had not long come out of some very thick fog!!)

joebingo

Über Member
I loved the failed bravado of opening the door and then losing his bottle!

It's amazing how such small things can really really piss off these idiots

OP
OP
M

magnatom

It really was such a minor incident. i certainly would have forgot about it 2 minutes later. You know the sort, enough to to make you screw your face up, but nothing more. I knew I would get past him easily anyway. It was his blocking maneuver that was the worst. he pulled over to the middle stopping me filtering, and then opened his door, effectively blocking escape routes. :angry:

He came across as a cyclist hater, pure and simple, though it is possible that he is just a general hater. Sad.

downfader

extimus uero philosophus
Its like the reaction I got off a driver a few weeks back. Raining and I'm heading up hill, I get about 6 foot behind a car waiting at the junction we're both about to exit and this guy in a blue toyota van cuts me up. I had to swerve to the left. I was about 2 foot from his passenger window so I wave at him to get his attention (clearly a wave and nothing else) and say "you put me in a dangerous position there, mate."

He starts swearing and gives me the finger. I just say calmly "no need for that, is there." He then turns his wheel to the left and tries to frighten me, so I just rolled back down the hill and left the wazzock get on with it. Stupid fool didnt realise I know where he lives so I sent him a "polite letter" anonymously and said I'd CC'd in the Police, so he'd perhaps like to adjust his behaviour in future. ;)

OP
OP
M

magnatom

To call him a muppet is an insult to Kermit. Do you think the door thing was just to stop you getting by or was he actually going to get out, until you mentioned the camera ?

A bit of both. He had undone his seatbelt and I did think he was going to get out. My exits would also have been limited by the door being open.

Glow worm

Legendary Member
I wonder if some of these clowns are like this with other motorists or do they just save all their bile for us? I had a car try to prevent me from filtering past down the left in gridlocked Newmarket high street earlier. I just pulled out and whizzed past him on the right as he sat there in the jam festering in his snotbucket. I didn't react at all as I knew just flying past him would be enough! Some folk just seem to spend their lives being permanantly angry - often dangerously so. I always think it must be such a miserable way of spending your life.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
I do find it hilariously funny when cars try to block cyclists overtaking for the cyclist to then shoot round and off the other side...

I wonder if some of these clowns are like this with other motorists or do they just save all their bile for us? I had a car try to prevent me from filtering past down the left in gridlocked Newmarket high street earlier. I just pulled out and whizzed past him on the right as he sat there in the jam festering in his snotbucket. I didn't react at all as I knew just flying past him would be enough! Some folk just seem to spend their lives being permanantly angry - often dangerously so. I always think it must be such a miserable way of spending your life.
I don't think cyclists are unique when it comes to these d1ckheads, its just they think we are easier targets :angry:

My idiot did get out this morning.

Then the lights changed so the bus and I, that the driver had tried to barge past, both set off leaving numpty at the green light climbing back in his car.

He mouthed off and blasted through the next red light to prove some kind of point, having been held up by nothing more than his own idiocy (if he'd just waited in the queue he'd have been away a lot quicker)

Oh how I've missed the 8.15 numpties (not). Tuesday I think I'll go back to my early morning rides the longer scenic way

Spokesmann

Keeping the Carlton and Sun names alive...
Total knobs like the specimen in the white van get somewhat irate watching cyclist cruise past when they are stuck in the queues...

Problem with nutters like this is you never know how far they'll take it, judging by this excuse for a human they were too scared to get out of the van despite the verbals and 'door opening threat'. Gotta be careful though as some will get out, Ive had it and stand my ground, especially when i known Ive done no wrong.

Peter10

Am I the only one who would have gone straight through his door? I'll like to see him explain to the police why he opened the door in the first place. Especially on camera:laugh:.

downfader

extimus uero philosophus
I think because he'd turned his indicator on the WVM assumed that gave him the right to just barge across regardless. Wonder what his insurance premium is like?

Top Bottom