Todays rant

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Halfmanhalfbike

Über Member
1st commute since before xmas due to conditions. Really looking forward to it. Nice relaxing ride home I thought.................

Nearly got left-hooked at traffic lights. Caught up with the car at the next lights and tapped on the window. "Did you not see me back there?", I asked, relatively politely. "F off you effin C" replied the lovely young lady driving who then proceeded to try and run me into the kerb before zooming off

10mins later as I'm trying to calm down I hear a chavmobile come right up behind me and start revving its engine. As is pulls out to pass the passenger throws a bottle of something at me. It bounces off my front forks luckily not jamming the front wheel. Car zooms off but had to stop at lights further on. Tried to reach it before the lights changed but no luck.

15mins later as I'm nearly home another chavmobile roars past. "WAAANNNKKKEEERR" shouts the passenger

WTF is up with these smalldicked self-gratification artists

Sorry but I'm a bit stressed right now. Alcohol might be required later tonight.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Blimey mate, you have had more incidents in one ride then I have had all of this year.

You know what they are? Cocks! yes cocks are what they are...

Trumpettom001

please, let the green party in... I could not care one jot if all cars were taken off the roads.... honestly...

skudupnorth

Cycling Skoda lover
Lets hope it get better,sounds like a really bad commute but don't let the pricks put you off.More bad weather coming so lets hope they end up stuck in snow or on ice soon !

Trevrev

Veteran
"self-gratification artist!" seems to be the choice word aimed at cyclists!!
I am a self-gratification artist! I always agree...........:blush:

Can't you get them a visit from the police for anti social use of a car? Did you get the reg? (I'm useless at remembering plates....so I the digi Veho camera helps with that)

I've found it's usually Corsa's or bright orange something-or-other chav wags.

Tea and sympathy to you. :blush:

arallsopp

Post of The Year 2009 winner
Halfmanhalfbike said:
15mins later as I'm nearly home another chavmobile roars past. "WAAANNNKKKEEERR" shouts the passenger

I'm impressed. You're clearly travelling a lot faster than me. Most I ever hear is 'nke' as they blip past.

Mind you, I did catch one up a couple of nights ago on the Vauxhall > Camberwell leg of my commute. One of those, "Ok. So I'm chasing them then, and gaining... hmmm... what am I going to do when I catch up???" moments.

Fortunately I was saved from a quandary of impotent rage when they spied me coming and jumped the lights at Kennington Park to get away.

Is it wrong to hope there might be a traffic cam on that junction? :blush:

Arch

Married to Night Train
arallsopp said:
Fortunately I was saved from a quandary of impotent rage when they spied me coming and jumped the lights at Kennington Park to get away.

Is it wrong to hope there might be a traffic cam on that junction? :blush:

It's funny isn't it, how they aren't so brave when they think you might catch them up...

eldudino

Bike Fluffer
upsidedown said:
Have you ever noticed the smell of unburnt petrol behind these chavvy cars ? Must cost a fortune.

I noticed that the other day from a Scoobydoo. That and most of them seem to have broken exhausts... :smile:

Top Bottom