Todmorden to Waddington via Chipping, Sun 12th Mar, 2017

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Hi all.

If you are free and fancy an undulating 100 km forum ride from Todmorden, you'd be welcome to join me.

Sorry for the very short notice - I had intended it to take place the following weekend but had forgotten a family engagement.

You could set off from Todmorden with me or meet me on Padiham Greenway between Rose Grove and Padiham, or at Spring Wood picnic centre above Whalley. After that we will ride to Country Kitchen cafe in Waddington via Longridge Fell and Chipping. I will ride back to Todmorden afterwards.

I will be setting off from Tod at 09:00. ETA Greenway ~09:50, Padiham leisure centre ~10:00, Spring Wood ~10:35.

The return trip from/to Tod will be just over 100 km (62 miles). From/to Rose Grove about 68 km (42 miles). From/to Spring Wood about 46 km (29 miles).

The A646 between Todmorden and Rose Grove is moderately busy at times. The rest of the route is fairly quiet and scenic

Cafe stop at Country Kitchen cafe in Waddington at about 12:30 for around 45 minutes.

Pace - slow and chatty - ~16 kph (10 mph) perhaps?

Post below if you would like to join me.

@Bazzer - I said that I would do some Sunday rides and lo & behold, here is one! (No problem if you can't make it this time, there will be more Sunday rides later in the year.)

All welcome. Post below if you are interested.

NB I have broken my phone so unless I manage to buy a replacement before the ride I will not be contactable or able to contact you on the day. I will check the forum before I set off.

Last edited:

dan_bo

How much does it cost to Oldham?
If I can get my butt to Tod for 9 I'll see you for half a ride Col.

OP
OP
ColinJ

ColinJ

A replacement phone is in the post to me so I might have it in time for the ride. If so, I will be attempting to cut my old micro SIM down to nano SIM size, and if successful I would still have the same number as before.

Anyway, I will check this thread again on Saturday evening and consult the latest weather forecast for Sunday. Things are currently looking changeable, but not too bad.

If the ride is going ahead then I will check again just before setting off to see who will be meeting me and where.

COME AND JOIN US - A FEW SPOTS OF RAIN WON'T HURT YOU! :okay:

OP
OP
ColinJ

ColinJ

The forecast has improved. It now looks pretty good apart from being a bit blowy.

@dan_bo - if you do decide to come, let me know below and I will meet you at 09:00 in front of Tod Chippy by the Dalton Street car park in Tod (up the side road from the mini-roundabout next to Tod bus station). Same goes for anyone else. If you want to come along, be there ready to go at 09:00 and I will turn up a minute or two after 09:00 and not hang about.

I will be heading up the A646 at a steady pace so if you arrive late and get a move on you would catch me before the Manchester Rd traffic lights in Burnley.

Alternative meeting place: Spring Wood picnic centre car park above Whalley at 10:30-10:35 ish. (I will probably get there a little bit before that unless I have problems on the way over.)

OP
OP
ColinJ

ColinJ

If I leave the house by 8.15 i can be there for 9 but dont hang around for me Col. On your way by 9.05.
Ok. I am less than 5 minutes from the bus station so I will leave home at about 09:00 and check to see if you are there. If not, I will head off at 09:05 but I will be warming up for the first 15 minutes up the A646 anyway so I wouldn't be riding very fast.

Top Bottom