Tomorrow's the big day...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Auntie Helen

Ich bin Powerfrau!
Today, when logging my cycle ride on cyclogs, I noticed that my trip computer cumulative total since I bought the trike just under 6 months ago is...

So tomorrow is a big day for me. 2,000 miles in 6 months, having not cycled for 15-odd years before buying the trike. My car is feeling very unloved as it's only done 900 miles (although it's had more spent on it than the trike, and I include the purchase cost of the trike in that!!! :o)

I'm hoping to do more miles in the next 6 months so maybe I can hit 5,000 in the year. Maybe. I don't commute (I work from home) so this is pretty much all leisure cycling. My Rhine/Mosel trip next year ought to help out with the miles too!

Congratulations on your mileage. I only wish that I had more time to get out and about. I do have a fiendish plan for next year though: my youngest will be walking to school by himself instead of being driven. I shall therefore be able to trike to work, and then use my trike for local journeys at work, claiming £2 per day for cycle use and being paid for the privilege of riding - sounds great, doesn't it?

OP
OP
Auntie Helen

Auntie Helen

Ich bin Powerfrau!
Does sound good - I wish I could get paid for cycling but as I work from home that's unlikely.

I watched the trip computer go from 1,999 to 2,000 this morning - a good feeling. Here's to the next 2000!

Top Bottom