W

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

oldwheels

Legendary Member
Windy is an understatement here. Oban seems to be mostly cut off. Railway line washed away somewhere south of Crianlarich with it appears an inadequate bus replacement. Service bus travel seems in doubt and car drivers are turning back as one said “ too feart “. I certainly would not take a high sided vehicle over the Rest and be Thankful as a tour bus got blown off the road at Loch Restil last year. This is a noted danger spot and a cyclist would certainly not survive there in a high wind. Ferries of course are off and I got a blizzard of text messages from Calmac this morning.
This is forecast to last for several days. Weather patterns are definitely changing.

deptfordmarmoset

Full time tea drinker
Hmm, a crow just flew backwards past my window. It was headed south, going north.

Globalti

Legendary Member
Ribble is only 500mm short of Storm Desmond level at Ribchester bridge and still rising.

The rain has stopped but there's a hell of a lot of water yet to come down from The Dales.

iandg

Legendary Member
Fortunately no damage.

Last edited:

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
force 10 here atm with rainstorm , currently nik washing my commuter coat and gloves

DRM

Guru
Not overhyped here, being raining hard all day, wind was actually blowing the rainwater uphill coming out of Leeds, with flooded bits of Geldard Road being used by kayakers :eek:

PeteXXX

Cake or ice cream? The choice is endless ...
I saw only one person riding a bike, today, as I popped to the shops to buy more paint.
He was on a Gumtree full sus BSO, riding no hands with a joint clamped firmly between his teeth as he was texting or sorting out the music for the headphones he was wearing.

This is true, BTW, not a made up thingie 😂

Cuchilo

Prize winning member X2
I saw only one person riding a bike, today, as I popped to the shops to buy more paint.
He was on a Gumtree full sus BSO, riding no hands with a joint clamped firmly between his teeth as he was texting or sorting out the music for the headphones he was wearing.

This is true, BTW, not a made up thingie 😂
Actually i was watching a film , not texting !

Top Bottom