W

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Gust of 60 yesterday and very heavy rain. Have a Springer so had no choice of staying in. Decided to walk and do some recceing for fallen trees and branches. Previous day 2 monster trees down both no good as I collect in my bike trailer. So off to my normal location for fallen branches and saplings. Instead of the dog getting a good but slow (I have very bad arthritis in one knee) 3 hours she got 40 minutes. Foot went from under me on a hill, twisted my knee and ankle.....obviously my bad knee. Luckily I had a pack of anti inflammatory naproxen. Odd its mainly my calf muscle hurting today. Knee swollen but not all that painful. Think I will stick to cycling today...with a chainsaw!!

Garwyn

Gust of 60 yesterday and very heavy rain. Have a Springer so had no choice of staying in. Decided to walk and do some recceing for fallen trees and branches. Previous day 2 monster trees down both no good as I collect in my bike trailer. So off to my normal location for fallen branches and saplings. Instead of the dog getting a good but slow (I have very bad arthritis in one knee) 3 hours she got 40 minutes. Foot went from under me on a hill, twisted my knee and ankle.....obviously my bad knee. Luckily I had a pack of anti inflammatory naproxen. Odd its mainly my calf muscle hurting today. Knee swollen but not all that painful. Think I will stick to cycling today...with a chainsaw!!
Thanks my knee is the same I will try that.

Big winds again yesterday. Decided dog needed a proper walk at least 3 hours. Sacked it after 2 hours lazy. Not bothered about being soaked or even the wind but constantly being blown across the road was dodgy. Also not sure the dog was always able to hear cars coming as she generally just gets off the road and sits down seemed a little slow doing so.

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
Fence panel out and until the wind dies down i am not going to attempt to put it back till a calm day as i have to slot a 6 foot fence in to 6 foot +slots and i need help being a shortie

Pale Rider

Legendary Member
We've escaped the worst of the wind and rain here on the north east coast.

I had to ride to my local bike shop yesterday to have a dropper seat post fitted.

It was sunny, felt warm, and I flew along, barely pedalling.

There's a shallow decline which even I normally take at terminal velocity, but this time used the brakes.

Opposite on the way back, bitterly cold, and it was such hard work I thought my ebike's motor had conked out.

A stark illustration of the difference between a tail wind and a head wind.

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
lots of roads closed due too floods , my commute route is going to be a detour through the local town centre dodging fed up motorists and looking at 2 + hours overtime tonight as we had a breakdown last night so im debating whether to use the car or i wont get to bed till about 8. 30 am from a 7 pm start tonight

Milzy

Guru
I saw only one person riding a bike, today, as I popped to the shops to buy more paint.
He was on a Gumtree full sus BSO, riding no hands with a joint clamped firmly between his teeth as he was texting or sorting out the music for the headphones he was wearing.

This is true, BTW, not a made up thingie 😂
I did see only one on the way home. Massive bloke on a small BSO full suss. Going up a 2% in the easiest gear weaving around at about 120rpm.

Top Bottom