Tonight

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Hi Guys,

A quick heads up. I will be on ITV (STV) tonight on Scotland today. It relates to the abuse I have suffered on youtube etc. It took a lot of soul searching today (talking to my wife, talking to the police) to decide if this was in my best interests. However, My name is already in the public domain and I wanted to set the record straight (apparently the Sun is calling me a Vigilante cyclist!)

This was not my doing, a freelance reporter noticed the youtube abuse and wanted to cover it. I didn't reply but he went ahead and got it published anyway. STV found out about it and during the day they have been asking people to phone in an text if they knew me. I couldn't avoid it. I hope I come across well.

You will find it on the BBC scotland website sometime after it has been broadcast. If someone could rip it for me I would be grateful.

Good luck magnatom - hope it all goes well for you...

jmaccyd

Well just watch the press, they tend to have their own agenda about the situation on the roads (you know, where all at each others throats, it's a war out there etc)

BentMikey

Rider of Seolferwulf
Good luck mate, I wouldn't worry too much. It does seem unlikely that the bloodbus/cruiser crowd will come out of it smelling like roses.

goo_mason

Champion barbed-wire hurdler
Good luck. Hopefully catch it shortly - once the idiots know that they are being scrutinised by the media and the law they may have cause to worry about the next knock at their door...

sheddy

Legendary Member
Best of luck and - try not to loose your temper

Cab

Fingers crossed for you Mag!

Edit: That could have been a lot worse. Dunno what the point of the voxpops but was, but other than that a decent enough report. In the intro to the article, is there more about the threats?

goo_mason

Champion barbed-wire hurdler
Just caught it - disappointingly short and intent on referring to you as a vigilante, which conveys entirely the wrong meaning. But you came across very well, very non-vigilante and very balanced.

Good that they got an equal number of drivers who were for and against cyclists using cameras though.

Now - I wonder how much notice the police would take of any future videos of dangerous driving being reported to them, since they claim we should all approach them first. How many on here have had the police interested in their reports and where the police have taken any action ? It would be interesting to find out the statistics.

Will be even more interesting to find out if it drives even more of the nutters over to try and leave nasty comments...

Think you came over really well magnatom – short report but seemed balanced – even got wvm sticking up for you!!
would be interested if police really would take more of an interest if one reports things to them in the first instance – not very likely in my experience – go and have that well deserved pint

Top Bottom