Too excited to sleep.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

vernon

Harder than Ronnie Pickering
I got back to Leeds from Turkey yesterday morning and had a manic day. Went to Pocklington for brunch and ended up grubbing up a hedge and ripping down some reed wall screening panels. Had a quick snack the drove up to Darlington to see another friends and deliver a bottle bottle of duty free malt to ward off this summer's winter chills and got back to Leeds late evening. I thought that I'd get a full night's sleep in but no. Wide awake from 04:00.

Just finished repacking my panniers ready for setting off this lunchtime for France. The real holiday starts now! :becool:

Can't wait to sample the simple fare of baguette, cheese, tomato and pate or salami rinsed down with a nice red - average consumption predicted to be approx 100km/litre based on my Channel to Med tour a couple of years ago :-)

I might even shed some of the weight that I put on in Turkey though I won't be trying too hard ;):biggrin:

"You're the man" vernon..Go for it! Take care and have fun. Yours, envious of London! :becool:

OP
OP
vernon

vernon

Having an enforced day off in Orleans - my frame snapped at the drop out. After much deliberation and cider and wine and horseburger and stunning cakes, I bought a replacement bike at Decathlon. Spent most of the day on foot and relaxing. It was also the first day of being on my own; I had two companions until this morning. I enjoyed their companionship more than anticipated. Now gone native and abandoned spoken english - more details when I get back

OP
OP
vernon

vernon

threebikesmcginty said:
More details on the cakes? - excellent! xx(

Oh yeah, shame about the bike - at least you got a new one!

One cake springs to mind. It was found on the middle shelf of the leftmost cabinet to the right of the cakes called 'Paris -Brest' in an artisan pattisserie on the N152 in la Chapelle St-Mesmin 500m towards Orleans from the Formule 1 hotel where I am staying.

It was very nice.

Tough luck with the frame vernon. At least Decathlon offers an 'off the peg' selection to get you through...usually with a decent mechanic or two ready to help.

Don't suppose you needed to change the set up of the cakes much before getting stuck in though! xx( (Paris-Brest Mmmmmmmm. I struggle after three of those)

Take care. Allez!

OP
OP
vernon

vernon

Aperitif said:
Tough luck with the frame vernon. At least Decathlon offers an 'off the peg' selection to get you through...usually with a decent mechanic or two ready to help.

Don't suppose you needed to change the set up of the cakes much before getting stuck in though! xx( (Paris-Brest Mmmmmmmm. I struggle after three of those)

Take care. Allez!

The Paris-Brest's neighbour was a circular sponge cake saturated with a rich alcohol based syrup and topped with an apricot half and three cherries and set in clear jelly. Sipping the syrup that was left after the cake was consumed was a divine pleasure.

The technician/salesman was superb in Decathlon. Got a bike that will do the job and will cost less in the long term that a repair and refurb. The pave and my porkiness probably contributed to the frame's demise. Say the incident as a challenge rather that a disaster.

Speck

Oldest Teenager In Town
vernon said:
The Paris-Brest's neighbour was a circular sponge cake saturated with a rich alcohol based syrup and topped with an apricot half and three cherries and set in clear jelly. Sipping the syrup that was left after the cake was consumed was a divine pleasure.

The technician/salesman was superb in Decathlon. Got a bike that will do the job and will cost less in the long term that a repair and refurb. The pave and my porkiness probably contributed to the frame's demise. Say the incident as a challenge rather that a disaster.

Haven't you gone yet?xx(

enderun-9.jpg

Do you mean a 'baba au rhum' vern..? If so - get in there!xx(:tongue::tongue:

Apeman

Über Member
Hey Vernon enjoy the trip -am dead jealous-dont bury your face in too many goregous cakes- think of your poor bike. On this thread how about a survey on ugly cakes/buns and where they were found?

Top Bottom