Too much snobbery

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
i have noticed more and more that there is too much snobbery involved in cycling .

if your machine cost less than a couple of grand then it seems that other people do not seem to consider us as cyclists , surely its the fact that we enjoy cycling and riding the bikes we own no matter how much it cost .

or is it just me ?

Smokin Joe

Legendary Member
I don't want to be a snob, but there are two B's in snobbery.

Andy_R

Hard of hearing..I said Herd of Herring..oh FFS..
Have you ever considered that the snobbery might be based around "I paid £ for two wheels, a frame and some bits but you got it for less. I hate you. With a passion. You pikey git."

If you look at it like that, then you can just smile and wave. Oh, by the way, a lot of the cycle snobs are also unaware of the fact that whilst they spent X hundreds of pounds on a bike that weighs 4 ounces less than yours, all they really had to do was not eat that doughnut at their desk at 11.00. Would have saved them hundreds of pounds. W@nkers!

Brains

Legendary Member
There is no snobbery in cycling, the oiks just need to be kept in their place

Yous etc.
Sir Rupert Campag-Roberts-Condor of Tonbridge Wells

colly

Re member eR
i have noticed more and more that there is too much snobbery involved in cycling .

if your machine cost less than a couple of grand then it seems that other people do not seem to consider us as cyclists , surely its the fact that we enjoy cycling and riding the bikes we own no matter how much it cost .

or is it just me ?

I wondered why no one was speaking to me.

vernon

Harder than Ronnie Pickering
Snobbery only exists if you want it to be. Feeling offended by perceived snobbery is as a problem caused equally by the victim and the alleged snob. The cure is simple.

I'm comfortable, in my own skin and with my own company. If a fellow cyclist doesn't acknowledge my presence, so what?

I don'r feel belittled by expensive machinery or the associated affluence that allows its rider to purchase it.

A bike is a bike.

Stephenite

Membå

or is it just me ?

How many bikes do you have Biggsy?

It's not quality it's quantity that counts. :whistle:

Top Bottom