Too much water

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

palinurus

Velo, boulot, dodo
When I do a turbo trainer session I often sweat about 3 litres of water in an hour.

gratts

Bollocks.
There must have been something else wrong with her.
I could drink 4 litres right now, and I'd just feel a bit full/bloated until it passed through my system, and I'm smaller than her.

Maz

Guru
There was another case of some radio station (I think) that ran a competition called "Hold Your Wee for a Wii"...the prize was a Wii if you could drink X litres of water without going for a p1ss. One of the contestants in that one died too - blood got too diluted or something.

gratts

I can understand if, like wiki says ' Nearly all deaths related to water intoxication in normal individuals have resulted either from water drinking contests, in which individuals attempt to consume more than 10 liters (10.5 quarts) of water over the course of just a few minutes...'

But 4 litres in 2 hours? Come off it!

Sorry but I'm remaining with my conclusion of big fat bollocks. Maybe a journo jumped to conclusions.

tyred

Legendary Member
I'm sure there are times when I must have drank four litres or more in 2 hours and I'm still alive.

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
Not bollocks.

IIRC a recent actor was rushed to hospital with water intoxication when he collapsed on stage. It is rare but that does not make it impossible.

HelenD123

Guru
Fab Foodie said:
Not bollocks.

IIRC a recent actor was rushed to hospital with water intoxication when he collapsed on stage. It is rare but that does not make it impossible.

I remember that. Wasn't he drinking lots of cold water to ease a toothache or something?

Maz

Guru
tyred said:
I'm sure there are times when I must have drank four litres or more in 2 hours and I'm still alive.
Could be. Maybe you were sweating buckets and just replacing the lost water.

ChrisKH

Guru
Ingestion of anything to excess can cause problems. Take my mother. Used to drink lots of tea. She fell into a coma as a result of her fluid intake, as her electrolyte levels were depleted or her body salt level dropped (or something similar). This happened twice and she nearly died twice. Subsequently she was diagnosed as having a cancerous tumour on her lung which had contributed to this happening. But had she drank less, there is every chance this wouldn't have happened. An extreme example, but too much of anything, especially for physically vulnerable or sick people can be a bad thing.

Top Bottom