Top 5 places you want to tour.

Top 5 places you want to tour but haven't been to yet?

• Total voters
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Anthony

Just for a bit of fun...

List the top 5 places you would love to tour but you've never been too.

Here's mine:

1) Across the USA - I'd love to see all the different landscapes (forests, plains, mountains, deserts, canyons, etc.

2) New Zealand - especially the mountains of the south Island.

3) Tibet - Very hard to do without a guided tour at the moment but I'd love to cycle the high Tibetan plateau and Everest base camp.

4) Manali to Leh road in the Indian Himalayas - Stunning scenerey and some of the world's highest passes.

5) Australia - more for the challenge than anything else really.

rich p

ridiculous old lush
NZ
Scandinavia
Scotland
Moldova, Macedonia, Bosnia
Chile/ Argentina

Not necessarily in any particular order.

xilios

Veteran
We're going to scratch a few places of our old list begining in about 5 weeks (see link below).
But now for the new list:
1 North America
2 Norway and the British isles on the way home.
3 SE Asia
4 Australia
5 South America
Not really in that order.
I would like to include NZ but they like to run over cyclists lately.

ComedyPilot

Secret Lemonade Drinker
1) The Netherlands (doing it in May)
2) Germany (from top to bottom, then follow Rhine from Lake Constance to Rotterdam)
3) North Sea to Black Sea - Rhine and Danube
4) Round the Greek Islands - not much biking, but plenty of on-off ferry action and exploring.
5) LEJOG and or round the UK coastline

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
You can actually see all this in one State.... Arizona...

Anthony said:
Just for a bit of fun...

List the top 5 places you would love to tour but you've never been too.

Here's mine:

1) Across the USA - I'd love to see all the different landscapes (forests, plains, mountains, deserts, canyons, etc.

2) New Zealand - especially the mountains of the south Island.

3) Tibet - Very hard to do without a guided tour at the moment but I'd love to cycle the high Tibetan plateau and Everest base camp.

4) Manali to Leh road in the Indian Himalayas - Stunning scenerey and some of the world's highest passes.

5) Australia - more for the challenge than anything else really.

rualexander

Legendary Member
Not in any order of preference, but my five would be :

Japan
Morocco
Bolivia
Madagascar
Vietnam

dragon72

Guru
I do have a hankering for those far-flung places that I'll get on on my RTW trip one day.

But you know what? We're very lucky to have Europe on our doorstep with fantastic varied climates, cultures and scenery with (generally) safe and civilised governments providing good infrastructure for the travelling cyclist, with no visa requirements for UK nationals. It's a wee bit pricey, mind you...

Here's my Euro-wish-list in no particular order

Corsica
Slovenia
the Massif Central
the Dolomites
the Picos de Europa

OP
OP
Anthony

Anthony

Interesting replies. It seems that North America, Europe (especially the Rhine/Rhone) and Australasia are the favorites so far.

Only one vote for Africa which I guess is as expected. I would love to see several places in Africa but the political unrest, visa issues and general danger is a big turn off. (See what happened to Peter Gostelow for an example! ;).

We should come back to this thread in 5 years time and see how many of the places we actually go to.

Top Bottom