Topeak MTX/RX rackbag compatibility

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

livpoksoc

Guru
I've recently bought a new moutnain bike & it came with the topeak MTX rack (clamps to the saddle post). I added it as part of the cycle2work scheme & figured I clould use it on both the mountain bike & my road bike for commuting/leisure rides. Unfortunately my saddle post on my road bike is a bit too thin (no worries - I padded it out with rubber spacers from a light set.)

What I've also noticed is that topeak offer two lines of rack/bag, does anyone know if you can use a RX bag on the MTX rack, or have topeak played a blinder by ensuring you have to buy one of each rack?

potsy

Rambler
Different systems, no mix and matching :scratch:
They are good though, just ordered one for my CX bike as I already have the seatpost one for the road bike.

Chickc78

According to the Topeak Quick Track System Guide that I got with my RX Trunk Bag you can use it with either the RX or MTX rack series.

You definitely can't use MTX Bags on RX Racks but your question suggests you have a MTX rack which should be compatible with all the bags (assuming you have drop sides added if required by the bag.)

Top Bottom