Totally fixed!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Matthew_T

"Young and Ex-whippet"
Finally my bike is fixed!

On my last ride on the 24th, I was arriving home and felt something go on my rear brakes. I jammed them on when I was outside my house and I heard a 'ping' and the brakes had gone. Luckily I still had the front brake so used that to stop.
I inspected the bike and it turned out that the metal ball which sits in the brake lever had snapped off and the cable had frayed. So I had to get a new cable.

Christmas day was in the house with my family, Boking day we went to see the grandparents in Manchester and today we went to chester to get me some birthday clothes.
On the way home today, we popped into halfords and I got a new cable, cable ends, and a cable cutting tool (really needed this). Straight when we got home, I locked myself in the garage and fixed the bike. I put the new brake pads on both brakes and gave the frame a good clean.

Tomorrow is going to be an interesting ride as I have been eating a lot recently. Gotta burn all those treats off!

I have also found out that the tool I use to get the rear wheel off (has got bolts, not QR) has become useless and doesnt work, so I hope I dont get a rear p*ncture, otherwise I will be f*cked.

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
my daily commute in this morn was hard work , too much turkey and christmas cake with sitting around doing little exercise , one year i will learn my lesson

Top Bottom