Touching movies....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

snapper_37

Barbara Woodhouse's Love Child
Blimey, just been to see 'My Sister's Keeper' at the flicks with my mother (bless).

Based on a Jodie Picoult book, I don't think I've ever been as choked since I accidently swallowed a 50p piece in 1977!

Probably not a bloke's film, but Cameron Diaz does a blasting performance (and looks fab as usual)... as do the child actors.

Well recommended. :biggrin:

Helly79

I have seen trailer for this film I would love to go and see it but it wouldn`t be my hubbies sort of thing

OP
OP
snapper_37

snapper_37

Helly79 said:
I have seen trailer for this film I would love to go and see it but it wouldn`t be my hubbies sort of thing

So? Go with a girlie mate then!

There were blokes in the cinema and I heard quite a bit of sniffing from them... :biggrin:

OP
OP
snapper_37

snapper_37

Speicher said:
Tomorrow night on BBC1 at 10.20pm is "An Unfinished Life". You might, or might not like that. I thought it was good, with Robert Redford.

Thanks Speich! I think I have seen it before.

Anyone remember in the early 80s when they used to do the 'double bills'?

Last Snows of Spring was one, followed by a film about a kid swimmer who died tragedly - can't remember the name of it. :biggrin:

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
I don't like films like that.... the Anthony Hopkins one, some years back about cancer had me a snivelling wreck.

Transformers any day..........

OP
OP
snapper_37

snapper_37

fossyant said:
I don't like films like that.... the Anthony Hopkins one, some years back about cancer had me a snivelling wreck.

Transformers any day..........

Now that's what I call a proper bloke! :biggrin:

Just back from the closing film of the Edinburgh film festival. The film was "Adam", I would highly recommend it. I would say more, but we went to the party afterward as well and there was free booze.

OP
OP
snapper_37

snapper_37

I didn't..... but my Mom did my doing that thing when they grab you around the mid line from behind.

I was playing naughties with the lad up the street in a make shift 'den' at the time.

:smile::biggrin:

Frankly, it was the last time I was on my back with a male in the vicinity :biggrin:

ComedyPilot

Secret Lemonade Drinker
The films that make me feel touched are stuff like The Green Mile, Shawshank Redemption, Schindlers List, The Pianist and just watched The Boy In The Striped Pyjamas.

The sort of film that makes you think what a horrible species we are to inflict pain on others.

Top Bottom