Tough ride home

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

jonny jeez

Legendary Member
I had one of "those" rides home last night.

feeling a little tired, new darkness making me a little wary, dampness making me a little suspicious of the road.

Then add in a helping of headwind and a side order of stinging rain (for the last 5 miles).

On the upside though, I didn’t half have a sense of achievement when I got home, something I've not had for a while

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
It was a tough ride last night. Headwind, rain etc Bromley Hill bit back at me.
Not often I think it but so nearly decided to cut the commute short by a few miles just to get home.

But carried on and battled through it. My reward, getting hit in the face by a falling leaf, it felt like a razor on my cheek.

cloggsy

Boardmanist
Urg! I feel your pain!

It has happened to me once in a while...

No doubt these tired rides home will be more frequent through the Winter months... Roll on Spring I say! :thumbsup:

DougieAB

Getting the messages
Had the same sort of ride (apart from the rain) even though we are several hundred miles apart. Dont know about a sense of achievement, just felt knackered. Need to keep going cos a week on Friday will see me having completed 4000 miles on my commute this year. Managed to miss this total by 150 miles last year so determined to pack in as many days as I can.

gaz

Cycle Camera TV
Last night was indeed a hard one, felt it this morning.

Not often I think it but so nearly decided to cut the commute short by a few miles just to get home.

I extended mine last night by 2 miles, but that was so i didn't have to cycle into the wind so much :tongue:

Andrew_P

In between here and there
Puncture on Wedneday afternoon cold wet clothes, pump was not working properly, took etra half hour to get home, Thursday Morning coming down my biggest hill up to a set of traffic light went to change gear and PING went the cable out of the shifter, so stuct on 11t and could only go up and down the compact front for the next 6.5miles. Hats off to the fixies, wasn't my idea of fun!

Top Bottom