Tour de East Anglia

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

rich p

ridiculous old lush
I'm off on a weeks circular tour of N Essex and Sufolk at the weekend. I hope it warms up a bit! I've got to get the Galaxy out of the depths of the garage and make sure it's in order as I haven't been on it since August.

4F

Active member of Helmets Are Sh*t Lobby
Rich, have a good tour. Got your route sorted ?

OP
OP
rich p

rich p

ridiculous old lush
I had to leave most of it to a friend due to some unfortunate family circumstances but the route is now

Castle Hedingham - Manningtree - Harwich - Orford - Lavenham -Eye - Lavenham - Thaxted - CH

It includes the ferries from Harwich to your place(!) and the one over the Stour(?)

Bigtallfatbloke

the weather here today has been a real mixture. This morning was wonderful...lot's of warm sunshine, no wind and blue skies...then this afternoon we have had heavy rain, thunder and hail stones and a nasty wind...I suggest you do you tour in th emorning:biggrin:

Moondog

I ride Manningtree/Harwich most days so will keep an eye out (strange expression) for you.

Moi? Blue Aravis straight bar and a Mapei titfa if the sun is out.

N

OP
OP
rich p

rich p

ridiculous old lush
That would be nice. Look out for 2 couples, with me on a grey Ultra Galaxy. That should be on Monday.

OP
OP
rich p

rich p

ridiculous old lush
Bigtallfatbloke said:
the weather here today has been a real mixture. This morning was wonderful...lot's of warm sunshine, no wind and blue skies...then this afternoon we have had heavy rain, thunder and hail stones and a nasty wind...I suggest you do you tour in th emorning:biggrin:

The other female is 61 and it's her first tour and first serious bike experience so even at 30 miles a day I think it'll inevitably spead nto the afternoon!

I'm used to doing these things with people of similar ability so I'll have to be considerate and relaxed about it and just enjoy it.

4F

Active member of Helmets Are Sh*t Lobby
rich p said:
I had to leave most of it to a friend due to some unfortunate family circumstances but the route is now

Castle Hedingham - Manningtree - Harwich - Orford - Lavenham -Eye - Lavenham - Thaxted - CH

It includes the ferries from Harwich to your place(!) and the one over the Stour(?)

Nice, hope the weather is good for you. Orford is a nice little town and the castle is worth a look round depending on what time you have spare.

Bigtallfatbloke

Well today has been perfect cycling wetter...bloo skies, sunshine and no wind...just a little chill in the air still...I rode in full longs and over shoes and a jacket...but i did see others out in shorts. ..although they were a funny shade of blue.

OP
OP
rich p

rich p

ridiculous old lush
Bigtallfatbloke said:
Well today has been perfect cycling wetter...bloo skies, sunshine and no wind...just a little chill in the air still...I rode in full longs and over shoes and a jacket...but i did see others out in shorts. ..although they were a funny shade of blue.

:biggrin:The shorts or the legs?:tongue:

Bigtallfatbloke

Today was wonderful...I just didnt feel like a ride....if you get weather tlike today all will be well. But beware, white van man stalks this part of the country seeking out and hunting down unsuspecting cyclists, avoid sowf essex and you should survive ok.

dudi

that sounds like a lovely route.

I shall be going from Ipswich to Harwich fairly early saturday morning, so may see you? I'll be on a blue Claud Butler and will be in Harwich by 10.30am.

Haven't yet decided where to ride on sunday though.

OP
OP
rich p

rich p

ridiculous old lush
Cheers Dudi, Sunday will be en route from Castle Hedingham to Manningtree. We're doing a diversion on Monday to Beth Chatto's garden as the 2 women are hardcore gardeners.

dudi

Beth Chatto's a nice place so i understand, my folks like to pop down a few times a year to see how it changes with the seasons.

good luck with it! the roads round there are lovely, but take care not to stray onto the A120... i did accidentally one day and regretted it within minutes! there's a lovely route from manningtree to hawrich, through Mistley and wrabness. very quiet route too as all the cars take the A120!

Top Bottom