Tour de Forth - first 60 miler

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

edindave

Über Member
Woo hoo! :wahhey: I'm currently rehydrating on Deuchars IPA :cheers: after doing my first 60 miler - round the Forth Bridges. Route here.

The funny thing is I did my first 50 last week - it only had 800ft of climb and afterwards I felt exhausted and was really aching.
Today's 60M had 2,300ft of climb and you should have see my face when I turned right at the end of Bo'Ness and saw the hill that lay before me! :eek: I just about beat it :boxing:... and strangely after today's ride I felt flipping great compared to last week's 50.
Only been cycling a few months so not sure if a week can make that much difference but I'm not complaining!

Cheers folks! :cheers:

Dave

Nice One Dave :becool:

Telemark

Cycling is fun ...
+1, well done!

Hope you are not still worried about the CC Ecosse ride? :whistle: ;)
Training over distance, tsk! You'll be one of the "fast guys" ...

T

gavintc

Guru
It is a lovely route and you would think it should be pretty flat. but as you found out, there are some horrid little hills and from my memory, the wind can be a killer.

OP
OP
edindave

edindave

Über Member
Thanks guys :smile:

T, yep definitely less nervous and hopefully these big rides will help prepare me for the group ones. Fast?! I don't know about that! Plenty of obligatory camera stops I reckon! ;)

gavintc yes there were plenty of little hills - some quite rough and one with cobblestones! But a great route as you say. I'm sure I'll be doing it again sometime.

Scotmitchy

That's a brilliant achievement Dave, well done.

Do you know that big hill at Bo'ness you are talking about - I live at the very bottom of it, and that is how I will start my commute to work - eek! It's only four miles or so to Linlithgow, but I have a feeling I will like cycling home from work much more than cycling to work.

M

OP
OP
edindave

edindave

Über Member
Thanks for the encouragement guys :smile:

The route is a bit of a classic - just a shortened version of NCN76- you can download a PDF or get a free booklet from Sustrans.

Hey Scotmitchy you're going to be so strong cos of that hill. It nearly did me in 41miles into my ride!

Top Bottom