Tour de France 2012 (with SPOILERS)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

dellzeqq

pre-talced and mighty
goshdarn it - only 51. I got Koblet with a second to go - perhaps the 24 inch picture of him on my living room wall might have reminded me earlier!

Didn't get Sastre, couldn't spell Bartali

zimzum42

Legendary Member
46 - But I wasn't born during the war like most of you guys!

beastie

Guru
52 i got most all since the 70's but I am very young. It took me about a minute to come up with Pereiro and about another minute to spell Merckx.

PpPete

Legendary Member
Came across this (somewhat belatedly) today.
http://www.cyclingnews.com/blogs/robert-millar/robert-millar-tommy-guns-of-the-tour-de-france

Just loved this passage....
It got me thinking of the ultimate nightmare situation: there you are in the break barely having survived the selection process that entails, and your companions de jour are Tommy V, Jens Voigt, LL Sanchez and Peter Sagan.
All day Tommy would be talking to you, an evolving mix of encouragement, heckling, shouting and moaning, Jens would be riding like only he can, probably spurred on by a never ending version of Sandstorm by Darude being played down to him through his own channel on the team radio. Luis León Sánchez would be figuring out when he was going to catch you eating or drinking and if none of that cracks you before the finish then Sagan would monster the sprint. Therapy would be needed.
And another thing, you know those cheesy expressions, stuff like pain is temporary - glory is forever, walk the line, the kind of stuff you find on cereal packets and over marketed special editions, well I wouldn't be surprised if Thomas Voeckler had none of that banality on his top tube for inspiration. He's more likely to look down at a version of Gordon Ramsey's omelette recipe as his thoughts for the day.

Top Bottom