Tour de France 2013 *spoilers*

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Sheesh you kept that quiet Colin, you shoulda mentioned it before...:laugh:
Oh, sugar, I thought I told somebody but didn't realise that it was on here! :thumbsup:

On a serious note ... I know I keep banging on about it and it is tedious, but new people are joining CycleChat all the time and they will not have read my numerous earlier posts on the subject.

The truth is that out of every 10 people I speak to, only about 2 or 3 know what a DVT is and most of them do not know how quickly they can break up and cause life-threatening or crippling emboli.

I just don't get why a disease that is largely preventable, but kills many times more people every year than breast cancer/AIDS/RTAs combined, doesn't get more attention from governments and health bodies!

So, boring though it is, I am going to carry on mentioning the subject wherever I think it might help somebody. Sooner or later, a CycleChatter will rush themself, a family member, a friend or colleague to A&E after reading one of my posts and realising that they have developed a DVT. If even one life can be saved by me being even more boring than I was pre-illness, then sorry - you will just have to put up with it, or ignore me. :whistle:

If you have a few moments to spare, read some of these heart-rending stories and take the message on board ...

[Post 917 of a serious of 36,789 on DVT/PE, brought to you free, gratis and for nothing by BigClot Productions! :hello:]

Dad had DVT so I know what it is.

Froome seems to have had a charisma bypass

What you get from Cav or Wiggo - though v different personalities - is a deep love of the sport of cycling. Not sure about Froome

OP
OP
Noodley

Noodley

Fair point I suppose Colin, let's just hope not every CCer follows the same line or we'll have a forum full of illness and injury reminders.

smutchin

Cat 6 Racer
Froome seems to have had a charisma bypass

You can't glean anything meaningful about anyone's personality from a post-race interview. Look at most footballers - they've had their personality media-trained out of them, so any time you see a footballer being interviewed, they give the blandest, most anodyne answers to all questions. And then they go out and get drunk/get in a fight/shag their brother's wife/all of the above.

Froome is a reserved character, certainly, but he has become noticeably more comfortable and confident in interviews over the past year. And more forthright in expressing his opinions. He's also intelligent and knows when it's in his own interests to keep his mouth shut. I thought his speech on the winner's podium in Paris was eloquent and from the heart. He may not have called the internet haterz daffodils in so many words but what he said amounted to the same thing.

Personally, I like my cyclists to express their personality on the bike and Froome is a much more exciting rider to watch than Wiggo.

What you get from Cav or Wiggo - though v different personalities - is a deep love of the sport of cycling. Not sure about Froome

I'd say it's pretty clear that Froome loves cycling. Given his background, it wouldn't have been possible for him to get where he is today if he didn't really, really want to do it.

tug benson

Survived the Tour O the borders 2013
Don't see the need for brad bashing, they have both done great achievements
man-crying-e1375385140592.jpg

Top Bottom