Tour de France 2017 ***SPOILERS***

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
As the thread has gone rogue, I might as well shout out for an article written by David Walsh in the Sunday Times on the 16th July (it's behind the paywall - I was at Ma and Pa Bollo's for the weekend who have a subscription.) It was a proper hatchet job on Sir Dave. The substance was a recapitulation of crimes and misdemeanours but he ended by comparing Brailsford with Trump as both have "power without respect". Ouch!
If you sign up you get two free articles a week to read

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/...pendage-to-dave-brailsfords-success-2vlqbg55w

I spotted on a Soanish language website that Steve Cummings completed the Tour with 2 fractured vertebrae; that's if the translation was correct, he could have quite easily have completed it having eaten 2 lobsters

I am hopefully going next year, which will be the first time since 2005, which was the last time Lance didn't win it.
I keep thinking I'll go back to see the Tour just about every year, but end up going to Flanders and then thinking "bollocks the Tour" - planning for Flanders 2018 is already in progress

Adam4868

Guru
Been to most except Roubaix,I'm fancying the Giro next year if has rumour has it finishing in Rome.I think the stages are announced this week.

I keep thinking I'll go back to see the Tour just about every year, but end up going to Flanders and then thinking "bollocks the Tour" - planning for Flanders 2018 is already in progress
I was thinking about Flanders next year but it will have to be one or the other. April in Belgium or July in France, tricky.....

I was thinking about Flanders next year but it will have to be one or the other. April in Belgium or July in France, tricky.....
Flanders wins. No question. It's just an outstanding weekend. I think it sometimes interferes with you Englanders' "Easter" - one of the few Mondays' that you find it convenient to rejoice some shite

Adam4868

Guru
Have to agree Flanders is a great weekend race,my other half came last year and loved it.Ghent is a great city.
I went to the Giro in Belfast; it was great, not quite proper Italian, but there was deffo a Giro vibe and it was brilliant.
Yes went to a few stages,one went nearly past family's front door.

Top Bottom