Tour de France 2020 NO SPOILERS !

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next

OP
OP
Adam4868

Adam4868

Guru
That's some talent in that team.

I wonder if Froome will actually put a race number on for this year's event. He's leaving, he's getting older, Brailsford has two strong contenders.
By all accounts Froome has done a lifetime of training during the corona crisis but I would think that the team want a face on the podium in Paris that will return for the 2021 race.
I might put a bob or two on the race but I wouldn't put a penny on who's going to turn up and what the race orders are at King Brailsfords team.

Bumped into Pinot and team on Sunday morning, they were on a training ride up to the Plateau des Glières on the steeper east side, Pinot KOM'd part of the climb and was quite ahead of his team including Gaudu. Stage 18 takes in this route again so obviously some recon going on. I expected to see Démare at the back but he wasn't there.

Only 5wks to go now:bicycle::bicycle::bicycle:

GetFatty

Über Member
I've had a couple of quid on Pogacar 18/1 each way for the Tour.Looking good at the TT he won a few weeks ago.
I've not bet on cycling for a few years since I made a very basic schoolboy error. I can't remember the year but Andy Schleck had a very impressive Giro so I stuck a few quid on him for the Tour. How was I supposed to know he had a brother??? Andy S didn't even ride the Tour that year

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next

I expect much fun from puns about running over other cyclists and the attempts of French (gren add ee ay) and German (?) commentators at pronouncing it.

DRM

Guru
So, this year's attempt to build bridges between Sky/Ineos and the French public will involve riding round France with the name of the regiment that defended Hougoumont farm during the battle of Waterloo blazed across their (Aqua Blue rip off) Jersey:okay:

Mind you, if they don't take Froome everyone will love them:smooch:
Perhaps Sean Bean could have be part of the team, could be there in his Sharpe uniform, be a new episode Sharpe's Tour :okay: it might win the Belgians over

OP
OP
Adam4868

Adam4868

Guru
So, this year's attempt to build bridges between Sky/Ineos and the French public will involve riding round France with the name of the regiment that defended Hougoumont farm during the battle of Waterloo blazed across their (Aqua Blue rip off) Jersey:okay:

Mind you, if they don't take Froome everyone will love them:smooch:
There was talk of the team riding on Pinarello mountain bikes with a spare wheel strapped to their back....but apparently Jim said it'd take the limelight of his cars/tanks 😁

Top Bottom