Tour de Suisse - **SPOILER**

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

rich p

ridiculous old lush
Cancellara looks like he just wanted the TT as practise after losing a lot of time on the 2nd stage. He seems to have given up any ambitions in the GC these days.
Andy Schleck looked off the pace but maybe just tanking it. Contador will be feeling more confident though about him.
Mauricio Soler showed impressive speed up the last climb though and managed to stay upright. What odds for him as KOM at the Tdf again?

I thought Andy Schleck looked suss in the Tour of California and I would have thought he would be looking better by now but so far he's not impressing. Still time of course. So far though, Contador is the out and out favourite, no one else seems to have his form.

I'd forgotten about Soler's balance problems :smile:

Flying_Monkey

Recyclist
Great ride by Sagan today - stage and overall lead, even though Cunego looked like he had it in the bag for a while. Andy Schleck couldn't pace Fuglsang to the win...

That was a superb stage and Cunego's attack was tremendous and what a descent. Sagan was 30 seconds back on the descent and he caught Cunego who wasn't going slow. Quite difficult to follow who was were as the whole front of the race was blown apart. Schlecks still not looking impressive but Cunego was.

Flying_Monkey

Recyclist
That was a superb stage and Cunego's attack was tremendous and what a descent. Sagan was 30 seconds back on the descent and he caught Cunego who wasn't going slow. Quite difficult to follow who was were as the whole front of the race was blown apart. Schlecks still not looking impressive but Cunego was.

I bet Cunego is wishing it had been a mountain-top finish.

I bet Cunego is wishing it had been a mountain-top finish.

I was a little confused when he went over the top, I couldn't quite believe he'd caught and passed them all until the commentary confirmed it. When he attacked the yellow leaders group, I thought all he'd done was blown the pacemaking apart and left himself exposed and then he went again and didn't stop.

oldroadman

Veteran
That was one hairy descent! Some incredible skill from the riders today. I was very impressed, and Cunego's climb was spectacular.

I did a bit of moto pilot work with TV a few years ago. What you saw on TV yesterday was one of the highest examples of skill and commitment I have ever seen from a moto. The cameramen must be brave and have complete trust in the pilot. Through corners with the footpegs scraping (I heard it) in roads with surfaces changing from dry to damp all the time, that's skill and trust. They must be running softer (grippier) than standard tyres, and have the suspension uprated. 400+ kg going through those bends at that speed....
Did you see them catch the police/direction car almost? He had slowed to secure an entrance from a cafe and only just got away in time with some very quick driving.
All in a day's work!

Flying_Monkey

Recyclist
Looks like it's going to come back together again today for an uphill sprint... tasty with purists like Cavendish, Griepel, but also the more hard men sprinters, Goss, Swift and Sagan.

Top Bottom