Tour of Britain 2017 **Spoilers**

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

brommers

Years beyond my wisdom
Just received this email:

Thank you for your further e-mail.

The 2017 Tour of Britain will take place from Sunday 3 to Sunday 10 September. Details of the respective stages/ route will be announced at the National Launch of the race tomorrow.

Please would you be kind enough to check the web site after tomorrow’s launch at www.tourofbritain.co.uk for an overview of the route and stages.

Rooster1

I was right about that saddle
I need to know the stages NOW!!!!

Rooster1

I was right about that saddle

richyx

I've been accessing the Tour of Britain website repeatedly all year attempting to find out the route. Annoucement on website http://www.tourofbritain.co.uk/stages/index.php#.WP82I8Zw3IU says, "The 2017 Tour of Britain takes place from 3-10 September. The route for next years race wil be announced early in 2017, please check back then for full details of where you'll be able to see the world's best cyclists racing through Britain.

Website announces that OVO are the race sponsors of what the website calls " the most prestigious professional road races in the UK cycling calendar ". Rumours have been circulating that the race will be visiting amongst other places the East of Scotland and North East and East of England again. Such a late announcement of the route raises suspicions in my mind that the organisers have been/ are experiencing some difficulties finding places to accomodate the route.

Apparently it's 6pm today
Someone must have forgot to tell the press in Scottish Borders that there is an embargo as stage one starts in Edinburgh and finishes in Kelso.

They also forgot to tell the media in Suffolk as the stage on Friday 8th is being held there.

Last edited:
Top Bottom