tour of britain visits Swansea...yay

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

photography27

couldnt believe it when i read the tour of britain coming to where i live, its gonna be awesome, i love photography so i will be doing plenty of snapping...cant wait!!

rich p

ridiculous old lush
I'll be there

Banjo

Fuelled with Jelly Babies
couldnt believe it when i read the tour of britain coming to where i live, its gonna be awesome, i love photography so i will be doing plenty of snapping...cant wait!!

There was a warning sign about it on the mountain road between Brynaman and Llangadog ,could be a good spot for some pictures.

DiddlyDodds

Random Resident
There was a warning sign about it on the mountain road between Brynaman and Llangadog ,could be a good spot for some pictures.

I cant believe its starting in Rochdale (2 miles from my house) but this poses a problem

Do i go to the start and see the activities on and around the start line OR get out on to the the hillier side of the pennines to watch the riders pass in full flow.

Come on next week

Ludwig

Hopeless romantic
I'm from Mid Wales and will be seeing it pass down the road. It hasn't been in Wales for years and it is nice to be back. Wales is probaly the best cycling area in the UK with quiet roads challenging continental style climbs, stunning scenery and vast areas for mountain biking.

I'll be on Cuckoo corner on the North of the Black Mountain (then down to Cresci's in GwaenCaeGurwen for a coffee). The timings I've seen on the ToB website reckon on the riders taking about 45minutes to get to Swansea from the Black! It'll take me that long to get to Cresci's.
Once up Constitution Hill and the finish is on The Kingsway.

Endura were down to have a sneaky look at Constitution Hill a couple of weeks ago

http://www.facebook.com/#!/photo.php?pid=6351879&fbid=459431557322&id=285992022322

(hope the link works, it's to the facebook page of Bynea Cycling Club, one of them is a copper who was on duty that day and saw them having practice runs up the hill)

Globalti

Legendary Member
It goes right past the end of my cycling buddy's road in Whalley so the lazy sod won't even need to ride out to spectate!

I on the other hand will be riding out to the Trough of Bowland on Saturday and hope to shame him into coming along. Mrs Gti and Gti junior are planning to DRIVE there, shame on them, but it is about 20 miles from home.

From Rochdale the climb up through Norden would be a good place to watch.

oldroadman

Veteran
Oh Yes! But only once this time, and they call themselves professionals? ;)
In the last few kms, and with the sprinters trains probably running, the speed will be the thing up there. I've been up it in a race and once is quite enough to blunt the sprint legs, whether you are a team sprinter or simply in the lead out train. Can't imagine the surface has improved over the years.

In the last few kms, and with the sprinters trains probably running, the speed will be the thing up there. I've been up it in a race and once is quite enough to blunt the sprint legs, whether you are a team sprinter or simply in the lead out train. Can't imagine the surface has improved over the years.

I tghink Swansea council have had to go out and reapir it this lsat week or so.

Top Bottom