Tour of Ireland ITV 4

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mondobongo

Über Member
Great timing missus just sat down to Emmeradale and the Street no chance foe me hope they repeat it.

Ashtrayhead said:
It only took Phil Liggett 20 minutes to mention Lance Armstrong for the first time!
:biggrin:

Good to see the race on telly. Looked like some nasty roads and hills! Cav seemed less than enthusiastic about his Olympic experience. Do you think he'll pull out of Team GB events in future?

Mr Phoebus

Ashtrayhead said:
It only took Phil Liggett 20 minutes to mention Lance Armstrong for the first time!

Cav only took a few seconds to get into full "you know?" flow.

Mortiroloboy

Ashtrayhead said:

He (Liggett) is always VFM, nattering on about one of the South Australian team Crocodile someone.

" He used to be a mountain biker, that's how he got his nickname, won a race called the crocodile run twice, lots of hills just like the one he's going up now, must be like being at home for him right now, only there's no hills where he comes from"

made me larf not quite on par with Coleman balls but nearly!

OP
OP
fossyant

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Road racing is a different kettle of fish, same with points races on the track.... - Cav will be fed up about the Olympics, but his discipline isn't down to if you are the best - if you are marked, not let to get away, then that's it.....

Stage wins is where he is - better than Chippo I'd say....

It's great - I and the kids can spot him out of the crowd - the little bloke, crouched down, very easy to spot, gone....gets it..... easy !

Ludwig

Hopeless romantic
Looked very grim with the bleak, sodden, Irish countryside. Not a great tourist advert. Nice to see Cav in the leaders jersey and I'm sure we felt his pain and disappointment at the Olympics after putting so much into it. But the glory is really on the road on the big tour races.

Renard

I forgot this was on this week but watching today's stage. I like the scenery! Reminds me of Scotland. Interesting race so far today. Lots of 'incidents' due to drizzly wet surfaces.

OP
OP
fossyant

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Another win for Cav tonight..... 3 in a row, but he doesn't think he will keep in touch the next two days - all to plan from day one.

The kids are brainwashed - both can now spot him in the bunch...much to my better half's dismay......:eek:

Top Bottom