Tour of The Forest Of Dean

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

pwh91

Veteran
Yep, I'll be there, with a mate from work. Weather looks good ;)
Not clear if it's necessary to take along photo ID, any idea?

pwh91

Veteran
.. oof, that was hard work, those hills are a bit sadistic especially when you're nursing the onset of cramp half the way around. Not sure how long I took (didn't hang around for my certificate) but I think somewhere over 6 hours. Great day tho' and seemed weel organised.

Everyone else had fun?

Allda Pies

That really was a tough one! It was a real climbing challenge with the last climb of Symmonds Yat being a real b**t**d. It was well sign posted but the short cuts back to Monmouth were not marked in any way. This may have caused problems for those not wanting to go the whole distance. We got the feeling that quite a few riders did not complete the loop between the second and third feed stations (same point, approached from different direction) but there was no checking system to establish who had completed the full distance. This did not seem to be reflected in some of the times shown on the ride certificates that we saw at the finish. :biggrin: Some riders must have been using an engine to complete the full distance over such a hilly course in those times ;) Overall a hard but enjoyable day. Thanks again to Lardyboy and Fairweather for the company and the craic :smile:

OP
OP
Lardyboy

Lardyboy

Rhythm Thief said:
Was it one of you lot parked outside my house on the Hereford Road? I'd have said hello if so ... dark green, er, car of some sort.
I was thinking about having a crack at the ride, but I'm really not fit enough yet!

No we were very good and parked in the designated car park R.T.

I thought I was fit enough. Turned out I was but only just! :sad:

Top Bottom