Tourists

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Serge

Über Member
Yes I do have a somewhat cynical outlook on life, and in the human race generally. But the humour might not come across in the written version. Don't like it? There's an "ignore member" facility, which might be a better option than making judgemental comments.
The humour came across to me just fine, although I suppose I read most posts on here with a positive initial mindset. I'm rarely disappointed.

Brandane

Legendary Member
The humour came across to me just fine, although I suppose I read most posts on here with a positive initial mindset. I'm rarely disappointed.
I have a theory that people who are constantly gushing with positivity are the very people who are actually trying to compensate for being miserable nobbers in reality. Either that or they live on another planet. There's nowt so queer as folk.
However; about them pesky tourists..... It can't just be me who is cynical about them on the Costa Clyde, since they are referred to locally as "midges". As any visitor or resident in the west of Scotland will tell you - midges are pests that only come out in the summer.

Pat "5mph"

A kilogrammicaly challenged woman
I have a theory that people who are constantly gushing with positivity are the very people who are actually trying to compensate for being miserable nobbers in reality. Either that or they live on another planet. There's nowt so queer as folk.
However; about them pesky tourists..... It can't just be me who is cynical about them on the Costa Clyde, since they are referred to locally as "midges". As any visitor or resident in the west of Scotland will tell you - midges are pests that only come out in the summer.
So the Glasgow Belles better no take a cycle down to Largs on a nice summer's day, eh? :whistle: :tongue:

Brandane

Legendary Member
So the Glasgow Belles better no take a cycle down to Largs on a nice summer's day, eh? :whistle: :tongue:
You and your belles will be most welcome as you know! For a start you won't be contributing to the traffic and parking problems. You'll be hungry, so the seagulls won't get any of your chips or ice cream, and best of all you don't have a TV to rush home to. You might even buy me a :cheers:.
I hope that was gushingly positive enough to please the "my glass is always brimming over" brigade. :rolleyes:

Dave 123

Legendary Member
Here we go.... the bus had sounded it’s horn 3 times at this point

6BE06AFB-31DF-4B41-9E85-2F670D907A0C.jpeg

OP
OP
Bollo

Bollo

Failed Tech Bro
Here we go.... the bus had sounded it’s horn 3 times at this point

View attachment 426078
I like the irony that it's a tourist bus.

Dave 123

Legendary Member
Same corner, an hour or so later. The group are just moving off, but had been standing still blocking the pavement for at least 30 seconds
A90867D2-41C6-4157-8402-F09B109F98C9.jpeg

At this point I’m pushing a mower with a dumpy bag of grass perched on top. I had to go out into the road to avoid this
BB544248-4E5E-4B20-96A0-21FD769B50BE.jpeg

A student group loitering and blocking the pavement. Just after I took this pic a taxi stopped on the double yellow lines to set down right in front of me. I may have given him some advice.

Top Bottom