Towel etiquette

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
E

Electric_Andy

Heavy Metal Fan
If you take them home I'd be washing them on the hottest wash possible as you can get scabies from contaminated towels.
Thanks for the advice, but these will no doubt be wiping up oil and brake fluid soon so will not be near my skin! It is charitable though, as it saves me using clothes destined for the charity shop.

Why take two bottles into the shower...... when you can nick someone else's
I took one bottle in aroubd Feb '15 and it's still not empty......

alecstilleyedye

nothing in moderation
our facilities are managed by a nuffield gym, who insist that the drying room is emptied at the end of the day, with anything left out put in 'lost property'. we have lockers that are meant to be for the use of green commuters only, but even these get abandoned (£10 deposit) and there are periodic use-it-or-lose-it campaigns. our bicycle user group are pretty good at keeping on top of abandoned bikes, with offending articles having a 3-month notice put on them before being disposed of, with the proceeds going to charity…

OP
OP
E

Electric_Andy

Heavy Metal Fan
I missed this bit before.

Never. They are not yours. Do not steal them.
If I left my towel, shoes or anything else there for months on end (in fact many have been there for a year) I'd expect it to be my own fault if they went missing. I certainly wouldn't use or steal other people's property off the peg, but I class these as abandoned. What makes me even angrier is that the (large) lockers were snapped up by people years ago who do not use them. The keys are allocated to the person, so I expect many have even left the company and not handed back the key. There is supposed to be a "green" initiative there, but they do not bother with trying to attract cyclists, and this sort of un-managed approach to facilities is what keeps people in their cars.

KnackeredBike

I do my own stunts
Surely it is workplace etiquette to put up a passive aggressive notice saying not to leave towels on the pegs for more than one day and excuse me, I believe you have my stapler.

34hxa1z.jpg

snorri

Legendary Member
One has to wonder if employees campaigning for showering facilities at work have considered the additional stresses they may be wishing upon themselves and their colleagues..
This thread should serve as a warning to the innocents^_^.

Someone recently pinned an official looking document to our shower, including the corporate logo, "Remember to rinse your pubes from the shower cubicle, please!"

Last time I shave my legs at work, I know when I'm not welcome.

Someone recently pinned an official looking document to our shower, including the corporate logo, "Remember to rinse your pubes from the shower cubicle, please!"

Last time I shave my legs at work, I know when I'm not welcome.
I'm fortunate that I use the local swimming pool to do my legs.

Although I did get asked to "kindly not bring in the hedge trimmer" on my next visit.

si_c

Guru
I'm fortunate that I use the local swimming pool to do my legs.

Although I did get asked to "kindly not bring in the hedge trimmer" on my next visit.
It's fair enough, nobody wants a hairy mouthful of water when swimming, it's bad enough its half piss from all the kids.

Top Bottom