Toy helicopters

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Someone brought one in to work today. I might be hooked. I now know what I want for Christmas and it might cost more than a tenner.

Night Train

Maker of Things
I bought a nice, detailed, plastic one for my ex-wife's new fella. I didn't think the polystyrene ones looked very nice.
It was a good choice. I found out, when I gave him the present, that he trained as a pilot, got his licence and then couldn't fly for medical reasons.

I reckon he'll have a great time annoying my ex with it!:laugh:

gbb

Legendary Member
Trust me, they're a flash in a pan. We (at work) bought them when they first came out....fantastic fun for a week, then.............

Trouble is, we paid £20 each, but that was when they were just out in the shops.

Still....£10 for a bit of fun :laugh:

Globalti

Legendary Member
The Nipper got an Apache Micro Bladez, which was brilliant fun for the first half of the day. Then something happened and now it's uncontrollable; it just careers around the room in ever-widening circles until it crashes into something or someone. Everybody ducks because its like being attaked by a demented mosquito on steroids. The cat has fled to the front room as a refuge. I've tried to work it what's wrong but can't; I think either the rotor spindle has got slightly bent or the repeated impacts have damaged one of the blades, which are now out of balance. Brilliant little thing while it worked though, some incredible micro-electronics there.

Wigsie

Nincompoop
They are great, my eldest has one, its his second one as the first broke after a month or so. He seems to be ccontrolling this one better though and providing his brother does shoot it out the sky with a nerf gun it should be ok for a bit!

Brought my dad (76) one for crimbo. Not sure he was that impressed but later on Christmas day got a call from mum to say he'd regressed to a child and had a stupid grin plastered over his face. Think it was a hit in the end.

jig-sore

Formerly the anorak
a little blob of blu-tac under the nose can put the cheap ones in a better set up for forward movement, trial and error but worth playing with.

thomas

the tank engine
is it this? I might pop in later and get one.

I remember spending £40 a few years back on something similar (a bit better), second hand of ebay. I crashed it so many times it broke within a few weeks and I sold it on ebay mentioning vaguely that it would need repairing and got 20 odd quid for it so wasn't too bad :sad:

Night Train

Maker of Things
This is the one I bought.
I flew a few of them and decided the cheaper ones weren't as good overall. Had it been for a kid or for short lived fun I would have got the cheaper one but I am hoping that this one will last a reasonable amount of time.

Top Bottom