Track frame as road fixed?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

beancounter

Just asking for advice...

This Cinelli Vigorelli is a track frame/fork but I understand you can fit a front brake to it.

Would it make a good road fixed gear set up, do you think?

Why? Because I like it, I've always wanted a Cinelli bike and it seems reasonably priced (to me).

Thanks in advance for any views.

bc

zimzum42

Legendary Member
Looks like it should be fine. But it doesn't have horizontal drop outs, bit strange.....

rustychisel

That's no track frame!!! Nice frame though, I'd like a Cinelli. Anyway, that has gear adjusters on downtube, brake cable bosses on top tube, a derailleur hanger, and, as mentioned, no adjustment possible with the rear droupouts, which I bet are a standard 130mm OLN measurement. You'd need an ENO hub to tension the chain.

OP
OP
beancounter

beancounter

rustychisel said:
That's no track frame!!! Nice frame though, I'd like a Cinelli. Anyway, that has gear adjusters on downtube, brake cable bosses on top tube, a derailleur hanger, and, as mentioned, no adjustment possible with the rear droupouts, which I bet are a standard 130mm OLN measurement. You'd need an ENO hub to tension the chain.

I take your point(s)! Although I can't see the derailleur hanger myself.

It's described by Parker International as a track frame, and I've always taken it as read that they know what they're talking about...

bc

Wow, water bottle bosses on a track frame, that's innovative.

It's a road frame in the picture, not a track frame. There has been an error.

OP
OP
beancounter

beancounter

mickle said:
Wow, water bottle bosses on a track frame, that's innovative.

It's a road frame in the picture, not a track frame. There has been an error.

Hmmmm - this is a bit odd - just found another picture of the Cinelli Vigorelli - this looks more like it...

bc

Dave5N

Über Member
There's a lot of these coming in at the moment. I haven't had a good look, but they appear to be a decent frame. Haven't seen one under a heavier rider, but they seem stiff enough.

Tharg2007

Veteran
Dave5N said:
There's a lot of these coming in at the moment. I haven't had a good look, but they appear to be a decent frame. Haven't seen one under a heavier rider, but they seem stiff enough.

when he buys it he should send it to me, ill test it with my 14st fatbody :blush:
I will have to charge him for my time though :?::biggrin:

Top Bottom