Transfers and rumours 2020/2021

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Dogtrousers

Kilometre nibbler
I seem to remember Herremans was pissed off at not making the tour squad, so that may have something to do with it.
Hirt will be a loss, he's been very good in some of the "minor races" but my memory is not good enough to say which ones.
I wonder if diddy Domenico Pozzovivo is up for another year.

Cathryn

Legendary Member
For the women’s peloton, Ashleigh Moolman Pasio is leaving SDWorx and going to AG Insurance NXTG. Not surprised she’s moving on for her final year but a little surprised it’s to that team. And Brodie Chapman is leaving FDJ, which I am sad about!

Dogtrousers

Kilometre nibbler
Cav to Bora !

For real?

Errr BOTA Hansglohe ?
1660127030630.png

Last edited:

Mike_P

Guru
Dylan (can you help us get some points) Teuns to Israel cycling.

Apparently he has to score enough points to get to be one of their top 10 scoring riders before any count, so at least the first 124 points he gains will not count. On Tuesday they were 296 points behind Lotto Soudal with Movistar 659 points further ahead in the last safe place. 346 points separate Movistar, Cofidis, EF and Bike Exchange.

OP
OP
mjr

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
Apparently he has to score enough points to get to be one of their top 10 scoring riders before any count, so at least the first 124 points he gains will not count. On Tuesday they were 296 points behind Lotto Soudal with Movistar 659 points further ahead in the last safe place. 346 points separate Movistar, Cofidis, EF and Bike Exchange.
More analysis at https://lanternerouge.com.au/2022/0...fter-bikeexchange-take-off-relegation-battle/

Some smart transfer business there, but sucks for the riders fired from Israel and EF.

Mike_P

Guru
It's all a bit crazy having points not countered until a rider is in the teams top 10 scorers. They ought to have stated which races points will countered in and let all a teams riders contribute, otherwise it's like a defender on football scoring a rare goal and it not be countered in the tables goal difference.

T4tomo

Legendary Member
It's all a bit crazy having points not countered until a rider is in the teams top 10 scorers. They ought to have stated which races points will countered in and let all a teams riders contribute, otherwise it's like a defender on football scoring a rare goal and it not be countered in the tables goal difference.

I guess it prevents bigger teams with bigger rosters getting undue credit for flooding minor races with lesser riders and hovering up points.

anyway its the rules and the teams know it is at start of season...

Reactions: mjr
Top Bottom