Transporting Trikes.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Cullin

Über Member
It may be interesting to have some photos of the different ways we transport our Trike around.
Of course we know they can be ridden, but folks do transport them at times.
We built the trailer about 3 weeks before we went to France. It started of to carry 2 trikes and 2 bikes, but when we got the ICE Q's, it had to be modified... Does look a bit like a roadside cafe (we can make tea in it)
29452d3.jpg

Auntie Helen

Ich bin Powerfrau!
Mine fills up my car - I just take the seat off and it fits in OK (Audi A6 estate).

I have transported it on the train but it's mega hassle and something I avoid if I can.

byegad

Legendary Member
My QNT goes unfolded into my Scenic backwards with two of the rear seats removed and the other 'up'. The Ketttwiesel will go in front first with only the middle seat removed and the other two rear seats 'up'.

In both cases there is room for a folding bike and camping gear or luggage for a week.

When I need to attend a cycling event in the sticks
I simply pick up the phone and ring "Parker" .
He is a lovely chap very very polite and always wears a uniform , works for my best friend "Lady Penelope" .
He pops my trike in the back of the pink roller in less than 30 seconds and away we go !
So much easier and rather fuss free don't you think ?

Mr Magoo said:
When I need to attend a cycling event in the sticks
I simply pick up the phone and ring "Parker" .
He is a lovely chap very very polite and always wears a uniform , works for my best friend "Lady Penelope" .
He pops my trike in the back of the pink roller in less than 30 seconds and away we go !
So much easier and rather fuss free don't you think ?

I think I would have a problem with the "pinkness" of this answer!

carolhague

We, rather boringly, have a van to transport our trikes in at the moment.

Before we got it though, we'd arranged to take our Greenspeed tandem to a trike event in Cambridgeshire, organised by the now-defunct Recumbent UK magazine. We lived in Somerset at the time.

We called the train company, explained the situation and were told we could take the tandem on the train, no problem. However, when the train arrived the guard flatly refused to have the tandem in his van, so we rang the organisers and one of them drove down, picked us up and strapped the tandem to the roof of his Renault Espace. We got some very strange looks on the motorway ;)

Carol

Arch

Married to Night Train
Not my car, but my trike inside. Get a big old Citroen CX estate car, put the back seats down, and wheel it in (still room for an upright beside it, and a boat on the roof!)

frenchtrip1-1.jpg

In France last summer, we got two trikes in a Scenic - well, one in, and one on a slightly adapted towbar rack (it had an extra channel welded on for the wheel width)

S7001376-2-1.jpg

BentMikey

Rider of Seolferwulf
*waves* Hi Carol, been a while since I bought some Stelvios from you!

squeaker

Über Member
With a Peugeot 205:

2 trikes: ICE 'S' (seat and rear wheel removed) on the roof using just the rear roof bar and a strap through the front wheels and car interior (maybe not such a good idea in the rain!) + ICE 'T' (with rear wheel, seat and rack removed) folded up on the folded back seat.

1 trike: ICE 'T' as above

1 trike: ICE 'S' with rear wheel sitting on the reclined front seat (need to remove the rear seat backs for this to work)

Sorted ;)

carolhague

BentMikey said:
*waves* Hi Carol, been a while since I bought some Stelvios from you!

*waves back*

Hopefully that means they've lasted well :sad:

We haven't been to many races lately - hoping to get to Curborough and Darley Moor this year at least...

BentMikey

Rider of Seolferwulf
carolhague said:
*waves back*

Hopefully that means they've lasted well :wacko:

Very well thanks, many miles done in the last year and a bit. I only don't need more now because I have a new bike with new tyres, LOL!

carolhague

BentMikey said:
Very well thanks, many miles done in the last year and a bit. I only don't need more now because I have a new bike with new tyres, LOL!

"Well dear, I have to buy a new bike because the tyres on this one are worn out..."

A cunning plan! :sad:

Carol

Top Bottom