Travel Insurance

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

MrVandal

Hello

I have no idea if this is the right place to be posting, but there doesn't seem to be a clear path for my question.

I am traveling to South Africa to take part in the Argos Cycle Tour, I am taking my bike. Does anyone have any tips on travel insurance that will cover my bike while I am there and for the transit?

Thanks
Brent

No idea about the bike (this is one of those 'read the fineprint' problems) but make sure that you are covered for medical conditions/hospitalisation.
You'll want to ensure that you will be covered for a private hospital; not a state run one...

It might be worthwhile insuring the bike generally, and then using that cover for the trip. ETA covers up to 60 days worldwide off their bike insurance.

CopperBrompton

Bicycle: a means of transport between cake-stops
IMV, travel insurance is one area in which you don't want to mess around. There are all kinds of cheap policies out there with lists of exclusions longer than the bible. I have an Amex policy. £10 million medical, £2 million public liability, pre-existing medical condition covered. Costs £102/year for worldwide cover including USA.

Top Bottom