trek madone

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

silverfox

First time post so be gentle please!

Don't know why, but I get the impression that Treks aren't held in that high esteem. Has anyone got a good word to say for them?

gbb

Legendary Member
Speaking for myself only Silverfox, i'm not a lover of Trek. I really don't know why.
But, i always say when someones looking for a bike but not sure what brand to go for...they're all much of a muchness...in a good way. I even have a Trek, albeit a 7100FX hybrid, which is certainly not in the same vein as the madone.
Not having had a higher end Trek, i'm certainly not qualified to say one way or the other...i just think its about personal preference. Perhaps Trek is just one of those brands that people like to knock, but it doesnt mean they're a bad bike.
I'm rambling....lets put it this way, if Trek really were so bad, we'd have certainly heard it on here. To the best of my knowledge...we havn't.

PpPete

Legendary Member
welcome silverfox

I had a look at the low end road bikes (1.1, 1.2, 1.5) in LBS when helping one of my son's friends choose a new bike. Helpful chap in there reckoned they were a robust, well balanced, well priced package. Welding looked a bit agricultural... but of all the bikes we looked it would have been my choice. He went for a Spesh Secteur in the end, on the basis of looks. Had no end of trouble with the rear wheel on that and never did manage to fit guards on it. (Treks OTH had plenty of m'gard clearance)

I think the Madone is much higher spec range anyway.

Welcome

Its all down to personal preference. I nearly bought a Modone until I test rode one and for me the ride was just too harsh. If you are buying new get as many test rides as you can with the bike set up right and then make a choice with what ever your personal priorities are, such as cost, spec, colour and so on.....

OP
OP
silverfox

silverfox

Really appreciate your input. If the Madone was too harsh, what's the 7.4 kgs of carbon you're currently riding?
Welcome

Its all down to personal preference. I nearly bought a Modone until I test rode one and for me the ride was just too harsh. If you are buying new get as many test rides as you can with the bike set up right and then make a choice with what ever your personal priorities are, such as cost, spec, colour and so on.....

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
First time post so be gentle please!

Don't know why, but I get the impression that Treks aren't held in that high esteem. Has anyone got a good word to say for them?

Hi Sliver fox...and welcome to CycleChat

re Trek Bikes... you don't hear Lance Armstrong complaining about them.
So tell us, what have you heard as to why they aren't held in high esteem?
Hard pressed to find a bad review on any of their bikes, especially the Madone series.

Like Mr P I also tried a Trek and wasn't for me either.

Mr P's bike is a Spesh Roubaix SL

MadoneRider1991

Über Member
tbh when it comes to bikes it really has to do with what people want out of a bike, like i have had my madone for abit now and now has campagnolo on it and i love it (only weighting 6.6kgs now) its awesome for the hill climbs and very stiff. but some people just hate them and prefer riding spesh ;)

Top Bottom