Trying to make cyclists more seen

Is this for you?

• Total voters
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
If you want to see Lincolnshire police doing what there best at go to JJ cafe on the A158. There are 3 police cars there everyday at the same time. Linc's is rural they must have traveled some distance to all meet up at the same time. Leaving a huge area unpoliced. Of course if you want to do some serious crime just put a look out there he will tell you what time to start.
Let's hear Drago's support for the police...no matter what.
PS Drago
Plebgate
Hillsborough
The police protection of Jimmy Savile, I wonder in what form they were paid.
Friday morning club (see above)
Etc
etc
etc

Why bother noodle Drago will behave in the normal police way. Attack the victim.
At least your agenda here has now been made clear......

brand

At least your agenda here has now been made clear......
I have an agenda?...... that's singular.

Last edited:

brand

But did you not grass them up or something?
But then they would know where he lives. Never do that noodles if you cannot grass them up anonymously don't do it they will get you back. Look at plebgate. The police federation is paying the court cost of an officer who was called a liar by the MP. The Mets Chief of Police have said the officers in plebgate are innocent before the end of the investigation.

Drago

Legendary Member
Plebgate is interesting in itself. Amid all the furore of what has happened ancillary to the incident, the officer allegedly involved in the incident itself has still not been charged with any wrong doing, and is themselves still pursuing the chap through court for libelling the officer.

Look at it from the opposite perspective. Most of those I deal with from society fairly are lying, thieving often violent cheats. If I judged society on the basis of their actions, the same way you would asked me to judge the dibble by the actions of a similar sample of twots, then we'll both end up with an utterly skewed, unrealistic view of each group.

It's like judging all cyclists by RLJ ers.

brand

Plebgate is interesting in itself. Amid all the furore of what has happened ancillary to the incident, the officer allegedly involved in the incident itself has still not been charged with any wrong doing, and is themselves still pursuing the chap through court for libelling the officer.

Look at it from the opposite perspective. Most of those I deal with from society fairly are lying, thieving often violent cheats. If I judged society on the basis of their actions, the same way you would asked me to judge the dibble by the actions of a similar sample of twots, then we'll both end up with an utterly skewed, unrealistic view of each group.

It's like judging all cyclists by RLJ ers.
A/ The Chief Commissioner has briefed the press that he is innocent. Happy with that?
B/ Does the police federation normally pay for litigation fees for every officers who is called a liar?
By the way isn't Hillsborough and Jimmy Savile of any interest to you or are you struggling for an excuse?

brand

Ex police officer I used to drink with buying stolen goods. All sat round the table in Manchester pub in comes a scrout asking people what DVDs they wanted him to steal. Out of 5 only the ex-police officer was interested and gave him a shopping list!
Same bloke stopped while using a mobile phone when driving, showed them a Greater Manchester key fob. Told not to do it again. Bragged gets me off with lots of things

Last edited:

brand

It starts with an aside on page 5 near the top...no it might be my fault further back when I mentioned how useless they (police) are in general. In agreement in part with someone else who blamed cycling accidents on the failure of the police to do there job....but that was an attack on me as I said people are not up to driving cars as they cannot concentrate well enough (thinking of something else all the time). So I was welcoming the time of the driverless car......I think that's how it happened!
PS in Finland nearly all cars have cameras in them recording at all times....just an option.

brand

What's all this crap got to do with 'trying to make cyclists more seen'?

GC
PS I don't know how many times I have to tell you lot NOTICED NOT SEEN

This afternoon near Warsash......

Approaching Junction with white Volvo estate at junction, I have "priority, but not trusting Volvos have the brakes covered

Coming the other way at some speed is a big red thing, with HiViz banding, blue flashing lights and a very loud siren

We call them Fire Engines, and the custom is to recognise that they are emergency vehicles and allow them to pass, especially in this case when they also have "priority" under normal circumstances

I therefore clearly signal my intention to mve into teh kerb and wait

NOT this Volvo however....

They decide to wait until this highly visible and audible Leviathan is about 30 feet away

.. and then pull out of the junction in front of it.

Fire Engine does emergency sop, sounds an even more audible horn, and the Volvo pooters along as if nothing has happened, With Fire Engine now behind it blasting both horn and sirens for it to get out of the way.

No amount of HiViz, audible or visual signal is going to deal with muppets like this

noodle

This afternoon near Warsash......

Approaching Junction with white Volvo estate at junction, I have "priority, but not trusting Volvos have the brakes covered

Coming the other way at some speed is a big red thing, with HiViz banding, blue flashing lights and a very loud siren

We call them Fire Engines, and the custom is to recognise that they are emergency vehicles and allow them to pass, especially in this case when they also have "priority" under normal circumstances

I therefore clearly signal my intention to mve into teh kerb and wait

NOT this Volvo however....

They decide to wait until this highly visible and audible Leviathan is about 30 feet away

.. and then pull out of the junction in front of it.

Fire Engine does emergency sop, sounds an even more audible horn, and the Volvo pooters along as if nothing has happened, With Fire Engine now behind it blasting both horn and sirens for it to get out of the way.

No amount of HiViz, audible or visual signal is going to deal with muppets like this

true you cant educate stoopid. sadly its not uncommon

Top Bottom