turbo trainer

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

supercooper

I am looking to buy a turbo trainer of some sort but I was wandering if any of you had any advice or tips on which to buy and why ?

I am looking to buy a turbo trainer of some sort but I was wandering if any of you had any advice or tips on which to buy and why ?

If you go on line to Evans cycles you will see a number of turbo trainers - i have one costing £87 - it is basic with 5 settings - you can spend £250 for a very smooth ride - but our roads are not smooth anyway - to raise the front wheel you can use a house brick - you will find that you will sweat more on a turbo trainer - but rather than buy a special cover just place a hand towel over the handle bars - if you go on line you will find a number of turbo training plans to suit you needs - one hour sessions seems to be the norm.

best of luck LEIGH

Dont forget the big thing everyone seems to forget with a Turbo is you will need a new back tyre (pref - Turbo specific) as the heat generated on the tyres is a lot greater than road riding and it can end with warped tyres and worse mid ride they can de-laminate which isnt good. If your going for a Turbo get a ebay back wheel and put the tyre on that then when you want to use it you can just swap the wheel over....

Personally id go for a set of Rollers, yea they take a while to get used too but once you do there brilliant bits of kit

Top Bottom