Turbo Trainers

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Stan

Don't know too much about turbo trainers but you can get it £30 cheaper at a number of stores. Check out on google shopping.

Or chain reaction
[FONT=&quot]http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Models.aspx?PartnerID=79&ModelID=15805http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Models.aspx?PartnerID=79&ModelID=15805[/FONT]

origamikev

Hi I have a turbo trainer I paid well over £100 for a couple of years ago used it once if it's any use to anyone £40 and i also have some training rollers these have been used but vgc £20 all in Leicester
i'll dig them out of the garage and see if I can see a makers name
Kevin

mcb2080

origamikev said:
Hi I have a turbo trainer I paid well over £100 for a couple of years ago used it once if it's any use to anyone £40 and i also have some training rollers these have been used but vgc £20 all in Leicester
i'll dig them out of the garage and see if I can see a makers name
Kevin

Hi origamikev, do you have any info on the turbo trainer and the rollers.

Any pictures?

How much do you reckon for postage to Glasgow?

Thanks

Mark

mcb2080

Wiggle seem to be doing it for £136

http://www.wiggle.co.uk/p/Cycle/7/Tacx_Satori_High_Power_Folding_Magnetic_Trainer/5360026401/

Remember that you can get £5 off and a ten percent voucher for purchases by using there refer a friend scheme.

Refer a family members email address to wiggle, they send an email to the address you gave, click on link and buy the trainer.

The family member gets a pair of £25 sun glasses and you get a 10% voucher for total order than you can use to your next purchase.

Cause lets face it we will be buying more cycling stuff :smile:

So thats:

£136

-£5 (subscribe to wiggle newsletter)

-10% of £131 =£13

so £118 in total at that includes a pair of sun glasses

I have used this method quite a few times for big purchases:thumbsup:

mcb2080

Ps, I have never tried a turbo trainer, would I be able to use one with an alfine hub on my back wheel, as I say I don't know if you have to do anything to the back wheel in order to connect it to turbo trainer.

Also what are the rollers like, I would imagine the balance would be quite difficult with the front wheel sitting on top of a roller or does the back wheel being between two rollers help out with the balance?

Thanks

OP
OP
C

ChrisUK

hmmmm thought id give this winter cycling thing another go so just got back from a ride, didnt enjoy it one bit, hello turbo trainer me thinks!!

RSV_Ecosse

Likewise.

Been thinking of getting a trainer for a while as this time of year means little chance of getting out regularly enough.

I realise that the question of "Whats the best turbo trainer to buy?" is a bit ambiguous, but I'll ask it anyway. :laugh:

Not wanting to spend much more than the OP, so about £150 ish?.

Apologies for slightly "hijacking" the thread. ;)

cadseen

Veteran
If you want to make turbo riding interesting, get an imagic or fortius.

Top Bottom