Turbo Tyre problem

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Downward

Guru
Somehow on the last Turbo session the tyre has flatspotted and left rubber all over the floor (oops)

Anyway should i replace the tyre now for going outside ?
It's probably 2000 miles old and 1 1/2 hours Turbo action.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Depends upon how damaged it is. If you've got a burnt 'dent' in the tread from stopping too fast, then I'd replace.

I've never damaged a tyre on a turbo, and have even used Mich Pro Race on them - that said, I hardly ever use mine........

OP
OP
Downward

Downward

Guru
Yeah it was ok the 1st 2 times but maybe this time it was rubbing up against the tyre too much. Anyway not sure how it will ride but the tyre seems quite soft.

Sleeping Menace

They do make tyres specifically for use on trainers, I'd previously thought they'd be an utter waste of money..but I just had a brand new pair of Schwalbe Durano S tyres disintegrate after only 3x 10 mile sessions on rollers. They're brand new, never seen tarmac, ..but both front and rear tyres completely shed all the tread surface..
I've got pics here... if you're bored..

http://anotherdooratthe.endoftheinternet.org/category/cycling/

(No, don't panic, no ads there. just a personal cycle blog with some info to share)

Cletus Van Damme

Previously known as Cheesney Hawks
I use my Turbo Trainer currently for 12 miles 5 times a week and going pretty hard, I have done around 250 miles since getting the trainer. I use a Michellin City tyre and have noticed no signs of wear whatsoever, they are also cheap. But if it's a road bike they are maybe not available thin enough.

Top Bottom