Turbos. Which one?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

PaulB

Legendary Member
After this joyful year of sun, heat and blue skies in the NW of England :wacko: then naturally I want to maintain the momentum and continue riding through the rainy, cold British winter. I have the cheapest possible turbo (which I found outside someone's house waiting for the binman!!!) that I survived last winter on but I wanted some more stimulation on my boring indoor rides this time round. Who's got a good turbo and what would you recommend? If money was no object, what would you go for? If you weren't au fait with computers, which would you go for?

Will1985

Über Member
It really depends what you want to achieve and record.

For a money no object, hooked up to PC turbo, you go for the Tacx Fortius which can also have a steering frame and ride with other people over the internet. I think they are in the region of £650.

If you don't want to fork out as much as you might for a decent winter bike, another Tacx model is the Flow which doesn't need a PC but has a digital display which attaches to your handlebars. You can see heart rate, power, speed, cadence etc. I personally think this represents the best value for money of the non-PC models even if some say that the power readings can be a little off when comparing with a PowerTap. It can also be upgraded to I-Magic if you get bored and decide that you really want to look at a computer screen.

A rival machine might be the Kurt Kinetic.

I would love a Flow, but can't afford one so I just have a Tacx Sirius and watch TV.

KINGCUTTER

computrainer

Hi

I have a computrainer it is the best on the market at around a grand loads of software and hooks up to the pc also works as a stand alone turbo so you don,t have to hook it up if you want a quick turbo session i am albout to sell it on ebay but seeing you are not far from me,make me an offer and i will meet you to drop it off it is a heavey piece of kit.

http://www.racermateinc.com/computrainer.asp?gclid=CIm2x5HO45UCFQTEGgodZBFugA

Mine is the pro by the way

Mark

Top Bottom