Turners Coaches in Bristol - very polite driver

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

summerdays

Cycling in the sun
This morning I was travelling through Henleaze (which is a fairly busy little shopping road) at 9 am. It has lots of zebra crossings, and traffic islands etc. I was aware of the coach behind and held primary position through the narrow bits... and then pulled over to secondary expecting him to pass, instead he politely waited behind until the road was much wider and passed me with plenty of room. Thank You Turners Coaches for following me for about 3/4 of a mile with lots of consideration.

I have sent an email to the company and I hope it gets to the driver in question.

downfader

extimus uero philosophus
summerdays said:
This morning I was travelling through Henleaze (which is a fairly busy little shopping road) at 9 am. It has lots of zebra crossings, and traffic islands etc. I was aware of the coach behind and held primary position through the narrow bits... and then pulled over to secondary expecting him to pass, instead he politely waited behind until the road was much wider and passed me with plenty of room. Thank You Turners Coaches for following me for about 3/4 of a mile with lots of consideration.

I have sent an email to the company and I hope it gets to the driver in question.

Thats pretty cool. :evil:

Arch

Married to Night Train
Great. We should be careful to give praise where it's due....

Although it's interesting that we consider praiseworthy actions that the average continental wouldn't bat an eyelid at... Cars stopping on main road to let a bunch of cyclists cross on a bike path, and even waiting for the one who was dithering about trying to suss out her back pedal brake to get going again...

Thank you, random German lady.

wesa

Must be the morning for it. I found this thread having just sent an email to the local council. Heading in to work I passed a refuse truck, one of the guys was picking up litter from the side of the road as he jogged to the next house (he seemed quite well rehearsed at it). A few minutes later and I was nearing the top of the Mt Everest climb just before the office; The same refuse truck was coming up behind me, he slowed to my pitiful speed (60mph road) and stayed a good way back for quite a while, once I was past the junction at the top he turned right. Most drivers I would have expected to overtake then turn.

Arch

Married to Night Train
A few months back, I was out towards Pocklington, and at Full Sutton a rubbish truck came up behind me on a single track road. I pulled into a gateway to let them past and got a friendly wave and hoot.

Later on, I passed the truck as it picked up along the main road and the chappie walking alongside said "Nice morning for it!".

I guess rubbish trucks do so much start and stop, it's not worth hurrying too much.

Top Bottom